Licence

kiwifisho

kiwifisho wrote:

I just thought ya needed a licence for any fresh water fishin over here. I wanna get into mainly bass n toga fishin.:)

Dean

i dont think you need licences in all fresh water over here just some of them mainly down sth i thaught!

i would say just do it and if anyone askes just say sorry bro im a kiwi!

when i went to sommerset dam i had to pay a day licence to use the boat in the dam! so i guess if they want a licence for a sertain dam or river they will have signs saying if you do need a licence and where to get one locally from there!

goodluck on the freshies mate i might have to join you for a sesh one day!

cheers Ian

kiwifisho:

Depending on what dam you fish you will need a Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP)

Follow the link in Ferals post to the SIP. a SIP is required in a few of Queenslands dams, including Somerset, Wivenhoe, Borumba (toga!), and some likely dams up north like Monduran. For a list of dams you need a SIP for, see this site: Click Here

It only costs $35 a year for a permit, so even if you fish a couple of dams early with it, if you leave it in your wallet you dont have to think about a SIP until next year. I know I never even thought about a SIP when fishing Borumba, nor did I really care - had my yearly SIP in my wallet :)

Ignorance is not an excuse. You will find all boat ramps are clearly signed that a particular dam falls under the stocking scheme.

Kiwifisho, just be careful, some dams have their own permit system scheme, Hinze being one - you have to buy permits off either the rangers or Gold Coast City Council. Also as someone mentioned some dams require permits for some types boats, Somerset for trailer boats, Baroon for electric boats etc etc.

Archived