NPD 3/8/08

Rocket75

I checked the forcast, prepped the gear, crossed my fingers and sacrificed a chicken in the hope of a change of luck for my NPD session this afternoon.

3.00 saw me at the first carpark looking for some bird activity or surface action...anything to give me some confidence that I was in the right place.

Nothing was evident, but having caught fish there before, I reckoned that it was as good a place as any to try.

Starting with a 15g Halco Twisty, my plan of attack was to work the deep water first and then attack the shallows with a spinnerbait.

After 15 minutes of fruitless casting I was contemplating a change to spinnerbait. In the tradition of fishermen worldwide I thought "One more cast"...and then it happened.

A fish:woohoo:

As with Dino yesterday, it took me a while to get over the suprise of feeling something other than a lure on the end of my line.

For the first time since I won it, the drag on my Diawa Revros (thanks Anaconda) got a work out. Even screwed up tight, it was smooth as silk. The bass went hard (as they do), and after a few nervous moments in the thick submerged cover I had him on the mat and smiling for a portrait.

As with most bass this time of year it was very fat and heavy for it's length.

He shot back to the deep and I cast to the same spot looking for his mates.

Alas he was a loner.

Over the next two hours I worked that area with everything I had but nothing else came to play.

Being on my own, and with no one to laugh at me or get injured by my lures, I used the opportunity to practice my Baitcaster skills on my newly purchased combo (thanks Plasticman;) ). I wont win any casting comps just yet, but it went better than expected, more likely due to the quality gear than the angler:blush: .

I donated a few slugs and a GVibe, but was happy to leave at dusk without the dreaded donut that has been following me of late.

Thanks for reading my long story about catching one lonely bass:P

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NPD_30808_001.jpg

post-953-144598467508_thumb.jpg

I dont like this..... I dont like it at all:ohmy: ..............

Thats both you and Dino aka The Bass King, starting to fire before the Bass comp:( My chances are begining to look real slim:P :silly:

Na, Good on ya Rod. Great to hear your starting to get you stride bac. Now, no more fishing NPD before the comp;) :laugh:

Jayson

Archived