Peel Wednesday 20.8.08

Leighton

well thats pretty much what i use..i just keep getting dusted on the reefs there by brutes.fun tho, but is fkn annoying after about the 3rd one...

leight how close do u fish to the ledge?or are you out more toward the spit beacon?pm me if you dont want to discuss this out in the open.

saltshaker wrote:

well thats pretty much what i use..i just keep getting dusted on the reefs there by brutes.fun tho, but is fkn annoying after about the 3rd one...

leight how close do u fish to the ledge?or are you out more toward the spit beacon?pm me if you dont want to discuss this out in the open.

I keep away from the Spit Beacon area, far to populated.

I stay in 6-8m of water casting to the shallows in the direction of my drift

Leighton wrote:

fishyman wrote:
lol i could answer that for leighton,

im pretty sure he uses 10 and 12lb nitlon leaders with both stren microfuse and super pe

was i close leighton??

:P hahaha

on the money

haha see i learnt something,

now if only i retained school knowledge as well as that

:huh::P

Good size snappers there... well done!

And I am no tree hugging do gooder animal lover, but good to see that you dont have an esky full of just legals for the hell of it.

Take a couple of fish for a feed and the rest are just fun and games and mastering your skills, but go back in the water for another day.

Well done!!

Brian, sorry not much of a bay fisherman. But the old "blow fly" affect will probably see you through. IE Cruise around the bay and you will pretty shortly notice that as soon as some poor mug catches a fish, he has a dozen new mates all around him! Just join the huddle.

no real secrets at Peel Brian, its all about having a good quality sounder, working the drop offs and finding the bait.

Peel fishes best mid week when there is limited boat traffic, best results are when you are on the water pre dawn waiting for first light.

Your best bet is to head straight to Spit Beacon and work your way around the Island in a Clockwise direction or N/W until you find some activity on the sounder.

Most fish are caught in 6-8m of water working the shallows

Peel/Mud/Green are heavily fished islands that are only going to get busier, they all produce great fish, its all about time on the water

Archived