Left hand wind baitcasters

Aaron H

Well I am thinking of going to the darkside of birds nests and contemplating a baitcaster.

Having grown up watching Rexy i have always fished with my strongest (right) hand on the rod. Do they make a bait caster that is left hand wind? If so are they readily available in the middle price range reels?

they sure do make left handed baitcasters not that many available in aus - i just got an okuma vs200lxa from my gf its a lefty and jerly is selling new 08model alphas lefty as well. i havent had much use from mine yet but its pretty good, it is a bit weird at first as i have used right handed bc before and it is weird but im getting used to it.

as for options i found ebay usa or one of the online jap tackle stores to have them in stock and there a quite a few mid range ones available. good thing about getting them off ebay is they are cheaper then if they were to sell here or the equivilant rh model here, bad thing is it can take up to 1week or so to arrive here and no warranty but yeah do you really need that, but its all up to you

see link for daiwa alphas 150hl being sold on here

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=131582&catid=13

I totally agree with dan on the left hand wind baitcasters. I'm right handed and I love them.. I suppose it boils down to your price range as well as if you want a low profile baitcaster or a round one. I know I've mentioned this too many times on this forum, but motackle have a round trion baitcast for cheap I think its 39 or 49 dollars. If you're just out for something just to play around with thats pretty good gear and its ok for live-baitfishing, not really for lures and the like.

Archived