AFO Pin Flathead Hunt - Official Thread

Angus

Hey everyone.

After many PM's and asking in the thread I have decided the Flatty trip will just be a social.

So basic Plan:

Arrive and start fishing as soon as you can/want.

Date: 14/09/08

BYO Lunch.

Lets all meet up behind Shelter Island at 12:00 midday for a chin wag and a feed.

Please all send me an email to let me know you are coming anyway as Ill put the official list into this post as it grows to keep everyone updated.

Attendee:

Ian Gorrie (Guru). Subject to spot on a boat.

Angus Gorrie (Angus). Subject to spot on a boat.

Lee Strachan (pcsolution).

Ben Ebelt (benno573).

Ray Walker (Stinger).

Jake Walker (reef_raider).

Picture: The picture is Shelter Island and where i suggest we meet up. [img size=414]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/closeup.JPG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that at the bedrooms? if so, to get there at a low tide is nearly impossible for me (well it was last time i tried), i need a bit more than 40cm of water to make the boat work. :dry:

just a suggestion - there is a campground in tipplers passage that would make a really nice venue, has dunnies and all that, think it may even have a bbq. just an idea.

the bedrooms are at the top of tipplers passage.. the campground is down further near the yatch club, i'll see if i can mark it for you.

angus, check
/>http://www.caravancampingnetwork.com.au/qld/gcoast/south_straddie_campgrounds.html

crappy map i know but it is very hard to see on google maps. it does have bbq facilities and a dunny block. deep water access right up to the beach. please note that there is a 6kn zone getting in and out of here though, it is about 1km long.

i just rang up the managers of the campground. there is a $2 pp fee for use of the bbq facilities at tipplers... :dry: payable on the day at the office which is right near the bbq's apparently. wasn't aware of this before, sorry angus! if you want to call and have a chat the number is 55772849 and i spoke to sharon (didn't mention AFO or anything).

Rob Low wrote:

angus, you and your dad are welcome to jump on mine, maybe a chance to meet you too.see how you go mate.

Confused: Mate sorry. Date added to the first post.

Rob Low: Mate that would be awesome. Not that it matters much to me for this day, but will you be mainly bait or lure fishing just so I can bring appropriate gear!

Angus

I am in and have a deckie spot up for grabs for a SP fisho. I have attached a map showing the area. Red was where we were going to meet last year, blue was where we actually met and yellow is Tipplers.

Will be fishing from early till about lunch. Taking a BBQ plate, butane and then sausages, onions, bread and sauce for about the first 10 in the line!

HERE IS THE MAP, ITS AN EXAMPLE ONLY AND NOT A CONFIRMED MEETING POINT [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Jacobs_Well_AFO-30a04f14c4f1611a12f56f26b5d60e1c.jpg

post-1481-144598471639_thumb.jpg

pcsolutionman wrote:

Might try and make this one a fair hike but well worth it i reckon, anyone with a Deckie spot thats keen on fishing lures Id appreciate it. Wouldnt mind fishing from a boat fro a change if not ill bring the yak along

Lee

Lee dad said you can have a deckie spot with us if you want it.

We fish plastics and lures.

reef_raider wrote:

pcsolutionman wrote:
Might try and make this one a fair hike but well worth it i reckon, anyone with a Deckie spot thats keen on fishing lures Id appreciate it. Wouldnt mind fishing from a boat fro a change if not ill bring the yak along

Lee

Lee dad said you can have a deckie spot with us if you want it.

We fish plastics and lures.

Sounds great mate, A good chance to get that rod to yah too lol. what time and where can i meet up with you guys?

Lee

saltshaker wrote:

should be there too.ive never been to anything from afo so this is my first..may have a spot for a lure/plastics fisherman too if tur85 and i dont go in the same boat

dammit im out..i forgot its my sisters wedding which im a groomsman for..i suppose i should go

well i looks to be going and still may have a deckie spot open for someone will, keep you posted. BTW may need a deckie with some prior knoledge of the area and sp fishing. Also if the weather is kind enough may just forget about the flattie's and get outside to see the depths :huh: :dry:

Also is there going to be an official weigh in angus? or kinda just a meet. If the weather is kind to me can i weigh in my cobia,snapper and marlin:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :unsure:

Confused wrote:

well i looks to be going and still may have a deckie spot open for someone will, keep you posted. BTW may need a deckie with some prior knoledge of the area and sp fishing. Also if the weather is kind enough may just forget about the flattie's and get outside to see the depths :huh: :dry:

Mate, I will PM you my mobile number. I am leaving Jacobs Well ramp about 6am and you are welcome to tag along for a while to get an idea of the area. I fish a couple of specific spots there for flathead.

As for outside, I dont go anywhere near the Pin bar, as I have seen way too much flotsom and jetsom floating back in after boats come to grief on it.

Archived