New or Used??

chonna

Hi Guys

am looking to buy a tinnie in the next couple of weeks with a budget of roughly $5000, give or take $1000. I am basically after something 5 years old or less, and roughly 4m in size.

Have been looking around on any site i can find that sells used boats, and can't seem to find too much in this price range. There are a few around but not too much.

I did however find that nitro marine on the gold coast are selling a "Stacer Sea Sprite 395" for $5995 on water( i dont think there are any extra charges). It comes with a 30hp mercury, dunbier trailer, safety gear and rego. i like the idea of new becuase of warranties etc, plus wouldnt mind building the boat, floor etc over time.

is this a good deal?? has any one bought one of these or had exerience with one??

i have been told a tinnie of 4m with a 30hp motor would get me out in the bay on a good day. i this correct??

cheers for the help

Yes a 4m tinny with 30giddy ups will handel the bay in good conditions wont be much fun if it blows up nasty , but not much is just need to chose your days. new is always nice but you can also pick up near new with all the fruit for that sort of money when some one needs to cash out because of changed circumstances. If you do go new look at getting 7% discount on their price

Azza

thats the sort of dilema im facing. wouldnt mind one which was a year or two old, with a few extras ( bimini, lights, sounder etc) for the same sort of $$$

am planning on keeping it for quite a few years, so maybe new will be the go..

unfortunately there doesnt seem to be alot out there that interests me lately in the used market..

I,ve picked up the last two boats 2nd hand one 3 months old with 18 hours hours on the the motor and saved $9000 off new price then sold it three years later for what it cost me latest boat three years old less than 100 hours in exelent condition at 2/3 the new price . their out there you just need to look and not be in a hurry (that's the hard bit)

yeah im looking around too...Check out ebay, there is always bargains to be had. Mate of mine picked up a decked out 4m tinny with 20hp evinrude, sounder, trailer etc for $1000 :ohmy:

Check this out ---> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4mtr-Quintex-Boat-TINNEY_W0QQitemZ170267797670QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170267797670&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• 2 weeks later...

After many sleepless nights, tossing and turning over which boat i should buy, i am finally leaning towards a Makocraft 400 Heavy Duty Dingy.

Has anyone had any experience with these?? i can get one with a 30hp suzuki from Pacific Marine Centre for $6500

Has anyone dealt with PMC???

cheers

maxi wrote:

keep looking chonna... one will pop up for ya mate sooner or later..

i check ebay regularly, will keep my eyes peeled for ya ...

Maxi

yeh maxi i am looking everyday. there are some nice boats on there and boats sales etc

the second hand market is good, and there are some nice boats

rayke1938 wrote:

Chonna why not go for a drive to the Boaties market at victoria point on sunday. Usually a good range of used boats there and owners usually prepared to haggle. If nothing else you can see a varied range and firm up on what you are after.

Cheers

Ray

thanks Ray, didnt even know it existed. i shall visit!

• 1 month later...

well in the end i decided to go with the Stessco package that wondall rd marine are selling, and upgraded the 30 merc to an electric start including battery and box for $500. Paid $7600 all up.

not a bad deal considering all the extra gear you get on the hull ( rear step, grab rails, pockets, casting deck, anchor well, bimini top)

i pick it up in 2 weeks. can't wait!!!

Archived