Brisbane River INSECURITIES

benno573

hi all,

headed out into the brisbane river with tacklebox and kreel in tow, not too much to report on the fishing front unfortunately. :(

now the crux of the problem with this trip.

i parked my car at the port boat ramp (whyte island) as always owing to the cctv monitoring and alike re security. however, this was to no avail. some scumbag decided to smash his way into my car and flogged a heap of cd's, a couple of rods and my video camera, total value of which is $4K+. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and i have recently been informed by my wonderful insurance company that i am not covered for the goods in the car despite having "totally comprehensive" insurance. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: much fun.

the port security guy came around while i was scraping glass outa my car and asked what had happened (i mean der...) and then said that all the cars at the pinkenba ramp had been given the same treatment as well. i guess the main thing is to warn all people using these facilities that they AREN'T secure and to not leave anything of value in your car. thankfully, they missed the $300 sunnies and a couple of other things of sentimental value in the car. so yeah, be aware always guys!!!

cheers

benno :( :dry: :unsure::(

we need somewhere in brizzy like they have at horizon shores, where you pay a couple of bucks, then go through the gates, or maybe mbtbc, it's a pretty safe option, have you approached port authorities as yet to see if they could help, camera footage??

p.s. locks were only meant for honest people

yeah the bloke who called it in was ken who was using the same choice language to describe the little beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps this morning when i met him at the ramp!

i must say this - the officer i spoke to at the mt gravatt station this morning was extremely helpful (unlike the useless bugger at cleveland last night :angry: ) and i mentioned the cctv and alike which she has promised to follow up on it all, she even worked overtime to get the report in so i could file the insurance and get the window fixed today! now to just pick all the glass out of my feet and hands and all will be well!

and rob - have spoken to port security who say they will work in conjunction with the police at the request of the police at all times. so yeah. only thing is if they were boat based the camera wouldn't have picked anything much up.:dry: :unsure:

yeah, the camera was engraved so they will have a hard time selling it anywhere! also - just a dummy spit at stupid people here. all my cd's were in a cd wallet, no cases, nothing. why the hell steal them when you can't sell them?? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

sorry, all the angry typing makes me feel better anyway... :blush:

Check your house contents insurance Benno, some of those policies cover gear whether in the house, or other secure location. Ray and Graham got some coverage for their gear stolen from Awonga that way.

I have not had a genuine CD in my car since I paid a fortune for my first CD burner back in 1996! Only takes a couple of minutes to make a copy.

Nitris wrote:

Nitris really dislikes people who steal.

Unfortunately his post included langauge not really suitable for a public forum, but I can assure you.

He really doesn't like people who steal.

and then ..., someone stole his post:lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear about that Benno, but thanks for the warning mate.

Rocket

Benno,

Poo to hear about the break, and even more poo about the insurance thing? I would be pressing the insurance company hard to cover items which are normally stored in your vehicle in every day travel. Many will not cover golf clubs, jewellry etc as they are not in the vehicle each day. But the damage to the vehicle and CDs, sunnies etc should be and the other stuff including video camera should come under your house contents insurance.

Supply the Police with the camera serial number as thats the best success of getting a result. All pawn shops must supply details of every transaction to Police including make, model, serial number and description. So as long as they record the serial number (and I mean they are all fine citizens who would have no reason not too ;-) ) then it will cross match with your crime report and generate a flag if matched.

For everyone else, QLD does have a standardized engraving system which is first middle and

last initial, date of birth in 6 digits and then Q. So I would be GJB240372Q. We are able to track property located down to about 8 or so people with that same combination and then its a matter of seeing if they have had a break recently reported or one they now wish to report.

Engravers and warning stickers are free to borrow from most Police stations, just ring and see if its there before rocking up.

OK will have another go at my post.

I SPIT AT THOSE DIRTY 'C-BOMBS' AND ALL I CAN WISH FOR THEM IS CANCER OF THE PROSTATE (THEN THEY HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER GUY SHOVE HIS FINGERS UP THIER POO PIPE)

*SHAKES FIST* AT THEM!!!! :angry:

and yes i have had a drink or 2.. to be more spercific tequila, and to be more spercific "Mezcal Don Juan Escobar"

Nitris wrote:

OK will have another go at my post.

I SPIT AT THOSE DIRTY 'C-BOMBS' AND ALL I CAN WISH FOR THEM IS CANCER OF THE PROSTATE (THEN THEY HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER GUY SHOVE HIS FINGERS UP THIER POO PIPE)

*SHAKES FIST* AT THEM!!!! :angry:

and yes i have had a drink or 2.. to be more spercific tequila, and to be more spercific "Mezcal Don Juan Escobar"

hahahhaha thats awesome!!!!!! sorry to hear benno dont ya wish ya caught them in the act! i would love to flog the shit outa a graffiti artist/vandal or thief.

Benno

This really stinks mate! Sorry to hear about this!

Just on insurance guys - READ your policy VERY carefully!!!

My girlfriend moved in with me a few months ago and WE called up Suncorp to re-do my home and contents insurance. I put the phone on SPEAKER phone so that we could both speak to the agent on the other side of the phone. We added her stuff plus we specified her jewelry, my 10k pushbike and my computers/printers and laptop as I have a home office.

Well my Laptop had an accident and was smashed to pieces, I called up Suncorp to claim and they said that the laptop was not specified!! WTF???

Page 20 of the disclosure statement says that all home office equipment will be covered. On page 84 it says that if specified (which we did do!)

They wouldn't budge, so I took it all the way to the top and eventually after a tribunal I got the payout.

A couple of bullet points on my case:

Suncorps call centre numpty did not enter our policy correctly and I asked for my conversation "that was taped for training purposes" to be replayed....errr sorry we didn't tape it, so it's your word against theirs !?

I specified other items...why would I risk not specifying my laptop? and that was my case to get it paid out!

So in Benno's case where some bastards have broken into his car....I would make sure that you are covered because these insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying a claim!!!

Sorry to distract away from your thread Benno this is a real bugbear for me and it's always the good guy that pays his premiums that gets it in the ass!

Batty

Benno,sorry about your misfortune mate.

A few years ago around Toorbul,Donnybrook,Meldale area,lowlifes used to prowl the camp grounds late night/early mornings and boat ramps and lift any thing that wasn`t welded down.It turned out to be lowlifes from down the coast who would flog the stuff at flea markets,down at Chinderah and kingscliff.

confused,you forgot the one about them being cauht red handed by a fisherperson with no sense of humour.

Confused wrote:

well real sorry to hear mate i hope the bastards get Aids, Syphillus, Herpes, Hep A B and C, Mumps, Measles, Chickenpox, Genetal warts, Gout, and Small pox.

Geez Benno, what have you been doing in your car for them to catch all those nasties just from touching it?:blink::P :laugh:

sorry to hear benno...

is this the Fishermans Island Boat ramp??

jeez i always felt very confident leaving the 4be and trailer there. (not anymore i guess). Before I got the boat I used to landbase fish off that ramp at all hours of the night and the security guys would come round in their ute pretty regularly (sometimes cops too). Guess it only takes 30 seconds tho :(

well thanks for the warning.. hopefully they are busted before trying it again.

went out from fisherman island boat ramp last night .. 8pm till arround midnight.. just as we launched the boat a port secruity car came down and did a lap took everyones numberplates down.. i said hi to him.. and im sure they did a lap just as we got back too.. last week might have made them start doing some more patrols.

Archived