pishing fimps classic

James W

day one- i think i was the second person there for the comp..there was an other guy but i have forgotten his name...i dont think he is on the site as a member....it was a nice morning too....waited around for a while and met polyphonic, and a big cheers to you mate for the ride in ya boat while we were waiting for everyone to arrive....so after helping out a bit with setting up and watching the shananigans with that crazy dude from brisbane extra i set off to newstead....there was a few other dudes fishing there too...i got nothing there...but i was only killing time till ASh turned up later that day.....so after a liong day AS?H turned up in the river rat and we got some livies and we were off....nevr thought id see the day when i never caught a catfish in the river..couldnt buy one!....i think ash was the first to boat a fish (after we both dropped one over the side of the boat:lol: )he landed a moses perch....i cant remember how many moses perch he got in that 1st session but it was a few....i could hear bait getting smacked around a bridge pylon so i put on a hard body to run along the edge of the structure,,,1st cast bang!:laugh: breambo...2nd cast bang! breambo....3rd cast another bream..this went on for a good ten minutes and we had our 1st fish to weigh..a bream(which got us 3rd)...went to another spot much later and my live whiting went like a bat out of hell...we called it for a jew then a salmon then a shark it was chaos onboard \"bondara\" and in the chaos ash had lost his rod overboard!:( and all for a bloddy ray!:( :( i might leave my story there so ash can put up some too....loved every minute of the comp but sadly due to illness had to missout on the last day:( but a big thank you to john petrie and angus for putting it on! awesome! [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC010101.JPG

post-180-144598403236_thumb.jpg

ye we weighed in 2 catfish and they were both coming 2nd/3rd on the days of there weigh ins...i also caught a few bream and an estuary cod...but they werent worth weighing in...we also won a rod in the lucky entrant prize...ye good to meet u 2

Post edited by: Gerty_92, at: 2006/12/04 19:24

Got the second heaviest bream had a pretty good morning Sunday fishing near a rock wall at Pinkenba caught six bream around legal size and let heaps go, so it turned out to be an excellent morning, although had to show the missus the 2nd place certificate to prove I did not go to BCF and buy the fishing gear that was the prize :lol: .

Saturday afternoon I went to Fernvale to escape the wind got a bass that wass 22 cm and had a tag in it and a heap of those banded grunter, but its nice country around there so worth the drive.

It wasan awesome weekend for sure. To pick up where james left off is day 3 of the comp. With both team members under the weather i was all by myself, so i started the usual routine of flicking around pylons etc. Didnt even get a hit, and it was starting to rain so went to the bridge and through some bait out. Yje depth sounder showed heaps of decent fish going by, but no one was interested. I did eventualy get 2 catfish, but they where not anywhere near the sixe of the geneticaly enhamced monsters that had been weighed in already! Didnt get anything all day and was pretty much about to pack it in as the wind picked up, when i had someting take my trolling sp. Stupidly, i had no drag and what ever it was smashed me off the hook. After this i had a break to refuel and grab some lunch. Put the boat back out and headed to a spot a local pointed out. Lots of movement on the D/soundr when got there so through out some bait and starting throwing out the lure. Not long after starting, i had some grab my sp on the retrieve and take off, luckily with drag this time. After an awesome fight i brought up what was to be a 2kg squire. Man i was stoked! Best squire ever caught and biggest fish caught in my little sp rod.

Had great time over the weekend, and would like to once thank everyone involved in the comp. Heres some more pics: James 2 in a row bream: [img size=410]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/brc1_breamx2.JPG

post-81-144598403669_thumb.jpg

Archived