Tyrnos vs Torium vs tekota

aussie9

Guys and Girls,

Just after your thoughts or opinions on the Shimano Tyrnos 20/30, Torium 20/30 and the Tekota 700/800.

I have just bought a couple of Wilson live fibre rods 15-24kg as well as a couple of live fibre heavy jig rods and am looking to match them with one of the above reels.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of any particular model would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aussie

I have the Tekota reels and I love them, take heaps of abuse, heaps of drag power and feel verg good in hand. I see no reason to pay more for a better reel and would not want to pay less for a cheaper one.

Having said that I also have a couple of the cheap penn reels that are nowhere near the quality of the shamino.

Thanks for the comments.

I had a quick look at the Tyrnos 30 and the Torium 30 today and the only issue I could see was the size (width) of them. I thought you might get a fair bit of wobble if you werent using a gimble belt.

I have used the TLD's before but found the 3.6:1 a bit slow for jigging.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Tekota 700/800 at this stage.

Thanks

Aussie

i've got a tyrnos 30 and a torium 20.

Both are great reels with heaps of drag and super quick retrieves. Just ask your self do you want line capacity or lightness.

I use the tyrnos for trolling and bay sharking and the torium for jigging. The torium is also a good reel to cast of the rocks with. After a bit of fine tuning it doesn't over run at all.

Archived