River Flick

Tim a

Troy, Gerty and my self fished the river yesterday around bretts warf. Fishing with softies for bream and cod. Troy landed the first fish, a bream around 22-23cm(fork). Gerty was next with a nice small cod around 20cm?(not sure.... too long ago). I was still with out anything on the sex40 so we moved to spotx and had a flick there. Troy predicted a fish on his 3rd cast. How wrong can you be, 2nd cast he landed a bream about the same size as earlier, then another one a few minutes later. Still with out a fish on hb so I started with softies. Gerty left early and we started catching fish. haha sorry cam. But they were all on bait so we were kinda cheating. Well we caught several small bream with the biggest being just legal. Then we ran out so we chucked on gulps to experiment if they do work as well as bait. I was getting lots of little taps and troy was get nothing when bam shazam my gulp worm gets nailed. He hit really hard but it wasn't terribly big fish and in came a 30cm cod. It was a nice change from all the midgets I had gotten before. We got some more bait and instantly got more fish and I was soon hearing my favourite noise and after a good tussle in came a nice breambo of 30cm(fork). We got more littlies but left as the bigguns had left.

Tim

Troy's 2nd breambo [img size=440]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Troy__s_bream_P_Boat_BACKGROUND_DELETE.JPG

post-96-144598403673_thumb.jpg

Haha yes cowfish that was the idea. We were asked by someone that lives near there to not tell anyone about the spot because he doesn't want a million people there and then he'd have to stop people fishing there all together. Sorry guys!

btw the Breambo was caught on bait not lures :(

Thanks

Tim

Archived