i was just logged in as another angler!!!

Troy_79

ok im confused (at what is happening/happened)

Could you please explain further, by filling out the format for reporting a bug on the site. And if the bug is still occurring.

As much information as possible so i can try and work out what has happened.

We have been testing lots of things today, one being a cache setting. but still at odds to why this would occur. Im pretty sure it is a cache issue

Both FF3 and IE7 using Vista Home Premium.

When I opened AFO, the little Angler Login section up the top right hand corner said "Welcome reef_raider"

However If I clicked on the profile picture for reef_raider it would take me to a page that said something along the lines of "Please login to update your profile"

Also was unable to view any forum posts, (as reef_raider) just the standard message of "this forum is only open to registered & logged in users etc"

Is what was happening originally.

webmaster - can anyone confirm if it is still occurring?

Yes, I just tried logging out as myself, then opened AFO and was signed in as "Rotciv", then I clicked to the Forum tab to try and prompt for a login screen and was logged in as "jimjim"

ok i have just researched this problem and found it is caused by a system cache we turned on to try and improve performance on the site. It is not actually a security breach or anything as you are not actually signed in as someone else, its just a caching bug.

We will look to apply a fix and try and turn caching back on in the next day or so to improve speed.

Archived