54lb thrust electric motor battery???

Yoodles82

there are other guys on here that will be able to answer this better.

but i am getting a 75 0r 110 amp hour deep cycle and probably 2.sort of depends what i can get my hands on.

normal battery is not deep cycle ,400 cca 600 cca crank amps for starting a short time only not continuous output.

there are marine batteries that are semi deep cycle for cranking and running lights and stuff.

hey thats good size leccy. if yoou wana go all day trolling around you will need 2 maybe 3 deep cycle batterys with 120 amp hours each. If you are going to use your out board motor to help charge the battery when not in use a deep cycle with cranking capabilities (cca) is a must . batterys with cca absorb and store the charge from an altenator very quickly and the voltage can be resumed very quickly. I have twin 40lb leccys on seperate 120 amp hour batts the running time trolling on #2 is about 7-8 hours, running them both at #5 speed doing 13 km i get 2hours use per batt. Absorbed glass matt (agm) batterys are the best and will last 10years . i have had other fully sealed lead batterys drop a cell miles from no where and bugger up my day. having 2 batterys is a must safty wise when using leccys only.

i have a small shaged out car battery a crumby super cheap one for my canoe i normally drive about 7 or 8 killometres at a slow troll and it gets me home every time with a 54lb watersnake

on the tinny i have 4 large deepcycle 6volts powering the same leccy indeffinately ive never managed to put a dent in them again slow troll speed with the odd fast burst

all batterys ar OLD but i do have alternative propulsion

jason

i have 2 century marine 600 batteries in my boat to run 40lb mins. they are 130 ahr and should operate you 54 quite well. dino uses the same size on his 55 without any hassles.

the latest series of century 600's are built to operate leccies. tight lines:cheer:

What are you using it for?

If your just manouvering or holding station, 60amp hour deep cycle will do. If your using it seriously, around 100ah needed.

If its an electric only boat for dam work, a 100ah will do you for a half days fishing, want a full day, 2 100ah batteries.

Feral wrote:

What are you using it for?

If your just manouvering or holding station, 60amp hour deep cycle will do. If your using it seriously, around 100ah needed.

If its an electric only boat for dam work, a 100ah will do you for a half days fishing, want a full day, 2 100ah batteries.

I've got a 25hp 2stroke to go the distance...its just to get in and around timber, and a bit of trolling...not to use all day. So i reckon one battery will do me.

Hi boys and girls I spent about 8 1/2 years in the industries and yes nothing smaller then 100ahr depending on your use and the draw of the motor.With out boring the shit out of everyone i would say that an agm would be the way to go as you can lay them on there side if you are tight for space they won't leak which is the last ting you want in a boat.if you can afford it i would lean towords two 6volt batteries as you will get more play time and thats what we all want.

Archived