Borumba produces firsts and PB's

pcsolutionman

Well I decided to give borumba a crack yesterday, was a last minute thought when i woke up but still posted a going fishing notice and sent a txt out to a few of the sunny coats boys to see if anyone wanted to join me. quickly got 5 txt's back 4 who said I cant yah ****** hope yah get nothin lol. the other was from Damo (Stitcho) who said he was already headin up and launching the same time as me, Awesome I though not another session alone :D:D so got to the ramp around 11am to see a crap load of expensive bass boats including Skeeters, Nitros, and challengers exiting the water and driving off. not sure but i think there must have been a comp on or somethin, so my hopes were a little down after the dam gettin a flogging all morning and the ski lice out there but hey gotta be in it to win it so I started unloading the yak and getting setup as Damo arrived. we set out and headed a couple of klms down B4 we started fishing, I had a clear bubble pop 65 on one rod and a mazzi pop on the other and damo had a bubble pop 45 and a TN50 on his rods. Damo got the first action of the day within 2 mins of starting a nice surface hit from a toga but didnt stick, WOW good start saw my hopes rise a little. I worked my way up past damo and into a little bay, Cast rith into the back up against some weed and started walkin the bubblepop and BOOOOOOOOf a Massive Toga absolutley smashed it, both mine and damos jaws dropped, had another cast but no touch so i switched it up and threw the mazzi in and boof im on but hang on this is a little feller :shock: :shock: The first fish could have eaten this one ;-) ;-)

quick pic and back he goes

p1011156-web.jpg

peppered the area but nothing, worked out way round to the first arm on the left and well it was non stop action for both damo and myself with follows hits and dropped fish gallore. picked up this little feller first hit for a change

borumba002b-web.jpg

The next one I landed came back 4 times and I hooked it twice lol, these things can be so ferocious at times

p1011165-web.jpg

p1011167-web.jpg

p1011168-web.jpg

dont know how many fish in the first 2 hours alone Damo and i missed or pulled the hooks on but it was a LOT. I then got an absolute brutt of a fish he dam near did me 3 times ;-) ;-) lmao

p1011170-web.jpg

well thats my smallest ever toga taken care of, what would be next???

workin back along a bank Damo had already worked and had some good hits I got a monster hit, Knew it was a good fish, but when I saw it jump for the first time :shock: :shock: New it was a PB instantly just hoping it would hang onI peddled him away from some sticks into open water

borumba006b-web.jpg

gettin close to landin him maybe :? :?

borumba007b-web.jpg

Damo then came over and netted him for me was good team work thanks a lot mate

borumba015b-web.jpg

a quick measure and he went just over 80cm :D:D:D:D

closeup, he really wolloped that bubblepop

borumba012b-web.jpg

and back he goes

p1011171-web.jpg

We got so many more hits and breif hookups it was an unreal session, I got absolutley dusted by a toga at least the size of that last one it was one of the best surface strikes ive seen, it had enough impact that it broke my main to leader knot :shock: :shock: Damo also got onto some and lost a heap to but ill let him tell u his story.

Man what an arvo thanks a lot for the company, good camera work and netting skills Damo

Lee

those are some nice catches. i have had a thing for the toga since i was little the first time i saw one tho never had the chance to go chase them. i might have to change that.

thanks for the post and you got some very nice photo's in there

that is so awesome that u guys catch scleropages saratogas in the wild. we keep them here in tanks in the US. i used to feed my fish pinky mice and that brute would hammer the top of the tank to get to it. great catches. the last one is a brute. those ones get up to 3 feet in length. the south american ones can get upwards of 2 meters. beautiful fish. congrats brotha.

fish on!!

Vin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived