[RESOLVED] cant open stumpjumper thread

Travis

werewolf wrote:

It is an Internet Explorer issue. It works fine in FF3.

Seriously though give FF3 a crack. Some of the menus etc are a bit different, but once you get over that the speed increase over IE7 is so noticeable that you will wonder why you ever used Explorer! :laugh:

I appreciate the advice werewolf, but you may as well have said it in Hungarian. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm and old fart with very basic computer skills.

Cheers mate...

Cowfish13 wrote:

Now I dunno why IE is still the most commonly used :S

Because it is made by MS, the biggest software vendor in the world, it becomes known as the standard product! It also comes packed with Windows and you need Explorer to access windows update (unless you use auto-update).

You do not need IE anymore for windows updates. There are firefox plugins (from Microsoft).

Firefox is slowly clawing its way into the browser market, and IE is down to 60-odd%

IE just comes prebundled with Windows - which is something that could changing in Windows 7. EU has pointed fingers at Microsoft claiming its not competitive, which really, it's not. Many features in Windows 7 will be able to be disabled/uninstalled including Internet Explorer.

At least in Europe, the latest rumours are that Windows 7 might even come with an alternative browser.

• 2 years later...

Archived