Redland bay marina

rayke1938

Went down to the marina for a couple of reasons.

I. Try out 13 inch prop as replacement of the 12 inch one I chewed up at the pin. Result no good motor would only rev out to 3grand and 14kph. Looks like I am up for $200 for a new one as no second hand 12 inch at any wreckers in Qld.

2. Get some bait. Good news ended up with nearly a kilo of small prawns all about 2 - 3 inches long. I could only get them in the draw string net as it has a 3/4 inch mesh. But it looks like we may have a good season coming up.

3. Go fishing. Went out and drowned a few live herring out near snipe for one small shovelnose shark.

Fresh prawn sangas for tea and bugga the gout.

Ray

Prawns are still quite small and they shrink when you cook them but taste good,

Redland bay marina is in mouth of weinam creek. Ramp is next to redland bay vmr.

Brian motor was at max revs with a worn 12inch prop.Max speed was only 40kph with one up and it struggled to get up on plane with 2. I am reluctant to spend any money on a new prop $210 for a 30 year old motor. I am looking around for something between 70 to 120hp.Currently 50hp 4 cyl mariner ( same as blue band merc) on 5m hull.Hull is rated to 150hp.

Ray.

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/01/25 05:05

Ray My boat was a 5.2 mtr seafarer half cab it orignaly had a 90 johno and would only do 50 kmsp/h I fitted it with a new 115 yammy and a 19\" prop , top speed 78 kmPh by GPS cruise all day at 50 Ks 4500 RPM hardly used all the HP, Could have done with 100 hp 4 stroke. the trick is to prop it correctly. We tried & tested 3 props to get max RPM (5900)& speed (78kms)without loosing fuel eco..(1.5 kms per lit) 1\" pitch on any Dia- 250 RPM..

Archived