Photography. section

shortie

Maybe we can have a photography section.

For people that take pics when they are out fishing or camping but dont feel that they want to put in a report saying we caught nothing.

Also hints and tips can be given on how to take the perfect fish picture.

There is a Photo Gallery on the site already for each member's profile. You can find it under the Community main menu item. We know its not perfect but it is still useable (but only in Firefox as there are issues in Internet Explorer). We are looking at making this section of the site alot better.

Please dont start a thread in the forum purely for photos.

Johnny wrote:

There is a Photo Gallery on the site already for each member's profile. You can find it under the Community main menu item. We know its not perfect but it is still useable (but only in Firefox as there are issues in Internet Explorer). We are looking at making this section of the site alot better.

Please dont start a thread in the forum purely for photos.

Not even if there were guidelines to say photos MUST be hosted on photobucket etc?

Personally won't use the gallery here as I already have Flickr, PB, P4P, AP and a few photog sites that I put non-fishing photos on.

Re Photography,

i am based in the UK at present but there are loads of Photography websites that give tips on takign pics as well as having sections for people to post all sorts of photos from sport to animals to travels. Maybe BF can link their site with them maybe.

the one i use is photographymonthly.com

cheers,

nath

Fantastic idea Shortie,

Many generic photography tips and techniques do not apply to taking photos of fish especially if on the water and you are bopping up and down on chop. It would also be too time consuming for many to sift through photography websites to get tto the relevant details.

There are also many things you can do later in post processing to bring out the best in your photos to bring out the best. e.g. cropping, adjusting saturation, adjusting curves, sharpening, straightening horizons etc.

My partner studied photography at uni and I always played with the gear and read the books so I would be able to offer a fair bit of input and ask her about stuff I don't know about. Don't judge my photo's though as I am often too lazy to practice what I preach. :blush:

i usually try to crop ,sharpen ,adjust colour.and make the pic small enough to use on the site.i don't go to hard cause i'm lazy and don't want to spend the time.office has a auto correct future i found it handy.still like photo shop better.most the camera programs have auto correct too ,makes it easy.

this it the original cropped in pixels and size (MB) [img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3302546_ab.jpg

post-4394-144598493733_thumb.jpg

this is the 1 i posted with auto correct done.also the picture was cut so less background.

[img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3302553a-1ddf6c718f4a04845573fd604afda197.jpg

its all pretty easy to do and take u a min or so once u have done it a few time ,and can really make a picture look a lot better.i like auto correct it adjusts the colour the brightness,contrast and sharpness with little effort.

i'm happy to help any1 that need a hand.advice or just to show u how to do it.will have the lappy's with me at SSO.

post-4394-144598493754_thumb.jpg

i think u find that is cause feral used the picture off here where u really need to play with the original.

original = dimensions 3648x2736 ,1.87 mb.

picture that on here = dimensions 100x750 ,200kb.

i find i have to play with them then bring them down to 200kb.

other wise u get the grain affect,noise,speckle.

Archived