Soft Plastics

Just thought I would share with you what types of soft plastics we use over here in the states.

First one is a Texas Tackle Factory Killer Flats Minnow,

the second is a Texas Tackle Factory Red Killer, third is a Norton Sand Eel, and the last one is a Norton Bull Minnow.

Softplastics.jpg

Softplastics-1.jpg

This is just a few of the choices we have. These are the ones I like to throw, there are so many to chose from.

I should be posting some pics of the hard baits I like to use pretty quick.

• 1 month later...

Well I too was about to give up on the whole sp thing until last weekend. Headed out on the Coomera for a late Friday session and took no bait as I was determined to get something on sp's. I managed a 55cm flattie on 4\" minnow pumpkinseed then I managed a jack of 28cm on the same sp. Nothing flash I know but there's something about flicking lures rather than just sitting there waiting for something to take the bait. I had something smash the sp and bust me off real quick, no idea what it was, and I was only using 4lb fireline. Any way don't give up.B)

Post edited by: polyphonic, at: 2007/03/27 19:51

Hey Lozzel - I have collected them from a few spots but I gotta tell you the best bargin is at Big W. I get realy cool \"No Limits\" bag with 8 adjustable boxes for $50.00.

The bag has shoulder strap, handles, section for all the tools (knife, plyers etc) and another section for all the trace lines.

The Shamino single boxes are $10-12 each so I justify my spending by saying bag is worth $40 and the boxes worth $80 + so I get $120 value for $50.

I have 2 - 1 bag I have had since Oct 06 and is still in perefct condition and I am not the most carfuly person with my things. Bargin

Here mate - let me test out the new camera. The drop down part at the front fits about10 bags of plastics. Pretty cool for $50. Also the boxes can fit lying down, which is handy when you only want to take say 4 trays but you want somewhere for your lunch and stuff.

[img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bag.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/27 20:51

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/27 20:53

post-118-144598410426_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I tend to use soft plastics if nothings happening on bait. i also find that when the fish r on u can go throw a lot without landing to many. i still love to use them especially for flathead bu i havnt really used them for othr fish but when i have ive had no luck.

If you are having trouble finding space in your lure boxes just leave the gulps out of their packages for a couple of days and tadaaar...all of a sudden you have miniture gulp that, when you need them, all you have to do is add water...the spacebag of the fishing world ;)

Archived