First 50 from Hinze

yellahunter

Been fishing Hinze a lot lately and managed quite a few nice bass but this weekend was lucky enough to finally crack a 50cm in there.

Fished through the middle of the day and ended up with 13.

Cant wait to get back out there :)

Photo with blacked out background removed - please read site rules.

Ummm.... excuse me kind sir, with reference to the site rules, the posting of blacked out photos is respectfully prohibited. Kindly remove the balced out picture, or replace it with an unedited one...?

Also, much has been said on here of late in regards to the right & wrong ways to handle fish, especially those destined for release. In your pics you are displaying absolutely spot-on fish handling skills...unfortunately coming from the "how not to" chapter.

Personally i find this display disappointing, particularly coming from someone who obviously knows what they're doing.

seems like poor fish handling is rife,

just checked out the ABT site, nearly every angler is clearly damaging fish,

come to think of it i seen the same thing on the ESPN Bass series in the states,

oh and the Japan pro circuit, those guys who design megabass, jackall and the like have a lot to answer for, its terrible, hank-20090713.jpg

it sucks to get hammered over fish holding skills, but as i have said in another thread on this topic . there needs to be more education in fish handling for the fish that will be released! the magazines just prove that there is no education amongst the fishing community about safe handling with out causing long term damage to jaws of fish! it is a long debated topic on numerous fishing forums across the net! i just think that there should be a information booklet about fish handling skills to insure successful release of fish! it should be right next to all the green zone and new regulations booklets in every tackle shop across australia!!

well said wesfish.

I also have to agree with Ben in that we see so-called "experts" promoting poor fish handling techniques. The cover of this month's QFM is a prime example. Also the fishing reports we see on the tv news most nights feature people hanging fish from a set of lip grips, then sometimes releasing them???

I do agree we should educate people in correct fish handling techniques, but if we are to do it on someone's post then it needs to be done tactfully, not with a sledgehammer. I also believe we should post reports with correct fish handling techniques as this may be a better way to promote this philosophy?

Just my opinion...

Marty

I agree with Marty here. I think yellahunter got a pretty raw deal. Its easy in the excitement of the moment to forget the basics. Especially in this case where it looks like a self take of a fish well worth a photo. I am not saying we should turn a blind eye to mis handling fish, but if a photo pops up we can politely suggest a better alternative. This will serve a polite reminder or education to the person as well as potentially educate others who only mis handle fish due to ignorance and not malice.

Angus

Hell of a fish mate. Looks like it's big fat and fast moving.

A mate and I were discussing this very subject yesterday of people being jumped on for how they hold a fish and having their stories ruined. A hell of a lot of good fishos do not post on forums anymore because of it.

I'm all for correct fish handling and I think it is of paramount importance,but a person sure as hell doesn't have to be dragged over the coals to make a point. Carefully chosen words and gentle guidance can be much more effective.

Congrats on the big girl Yellahunter.

looks like some just dont get it,

the pics i put up were of different fish,

i was extremely careful with the big fish, supported it at all times and handled it perfectly, the others i am holding by the mouth are smaller fish, they were fine and I have no trouble holding them like that. I am not interested in anyones opinion re this either. Ive been freshwater fishing for a long time and know all about fish handling,

dont need any tips there.

I posted the pro pics in complete sarcasm,

anyone who thinks that holding the fish in the manner i did is a major concern needs to get out and go fishing more often. If it were an issue we would not see it done anywhere, especially not on pro cicuits around the world and by bass conservationists.

I enjoy seeing the reports on this site, thus why i decided to put one on,

I think it will probably be the last one, just too many sit at home people on here i think. I mean fancy asking the thread to be deleted, lol

anyways il throw one more up for the finale.

hope you all approve of the release technique. release-20090713.JPG

statistics prove that 1/100 people are idiots that dribble on :(

other statistics show that no one knows everything about anything

so please dont let the dribblers ruin afo for you but please learn a little if you can

looking forward to more big bass shots

jason

Archived