August FOTM Chat

wesfish

yoyo wrote:

The big question is....will someone, somewhere, womehow...manage to pull out a 60cm+ jobbie..................????

What will be the winning length !??

I'm going to say 54.5cm

I'd love to see it but I doubt it. You sure hear of a lot of 60cm bass but those size fish come with a special sort of black magic that makes camera batteries fail and see's brag mats left at home for some reason.

benno573 wrote:

I believe a former member of this site claimed a pb at 61cm. He seemed to have similar dramas with technology on the day though.... ;) isn't that strange!!!

Strange?? Nah,but some do like to streeeeecccchhh the factual out

big al wrote:

wesfish wrote:
i put 100 bucks down on dino with a bass from NPD lol
ha wes might have to take you up on that :laugh: then ill go and hit up big-w :cheer: al
no worries al , i might give the hoe a go as well. let me know when you are heading up there and i will tag along on my el cheapo yak lol. i to wish i couls fish some of the magic spots in the river! but the dams have plenty of bass to have a crack at!!!!

big al wrote:

wesfish are you a member of sailing club :unsure: as we are and thats where we go from billies bay or hays ;) will be going soon but when :unsure: will let you know :cheer: al

Wes... check out this thread

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/2-freshwater/207091-wivenhoe-associate-membership-renewals

bootyinblue wrote:

big al wrote:
wesfish are you a member of sailing club :unsure: as we are and thats where we go from billies bay or hays ;) will be going soon but when :unsure: will let you know :cheer: al

Wes... check out this thread

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/2-freshwater/207091-wivenhoe-associate-membership-renewals

thanks for that will have to remember and make my way up there , the best thing is i have wanted a 16-18ft cat to teach the kids the ropes of sailing, that will give me the nudge needed to save and buy one :)

webbfunk wrote:

Don't mean to be negative, but isn't it a bit strange having Bass as fish of the month during closed season?

I thought about this, but winter is the the hot time for impoundment bass. So I personally think its fine.

I also like to make the FOTM to be different from the months event (SoO in this case) to diversify the targets.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Archived