Bass Bounty Somerset

STU

Fished as team jackall bros. on the weekend with harry and youngy caught some great fish I boated over 40 in the first session we came second in that session not sure overall till I see results we left early.Here is a shot of our 4.5kg bag Youngy__Stu_Somerset_bass_AFO.jpg

Big Tez we where in with that lot in your pic it is across from bay 13 but Nog that shot is taken at the weigh in which was at the ramp at Kirkleigh and we caught them in anything from 30-40ft sometimes sitting deeper in 60ft casting back to the ledge hopping masks and I got most of mine on ice jigs there was a huge school there and had to keep moving around to follow the fish some on the bottom and some suspended we upgraded alot of 1-2kg-1.6kg fish but there was alot of rats too.Big bass went 3.59kg what a cracker caught by Kerry Symes on ice jig.

Cheers Stu

dragons7 wrote:

quality bass mate well done cant wait to get up there and smack in to afew what kind of ice jigs did you get them on mate

nils master and harry had some smaller prototype jackall ones that worked well too only 6.5grams

badboygibbo wrote:

3.59Kg for one bass! How long would he have been then?

Paul

over 50 more like mid 50's fork length for sure but most guys dont bother measuring fish that big in a comp just weigh them cause you know its legal thats all that counts.

Nice work STU. Good to see you are up there in the comps mate. I still cant get my head around all this deep water bassing. I have always had better luck on the surface but that is prob because I dont have a sounder haha. What was the weight of the biggest in your bag mate?

werewolf wrote:

STU wrote:
over 50 more like mid 50's fork length

Wow massive fish! So how long did you reckon the REAL measurement would be? Would it give 60 a nudge? :woohoo:

Nah not 60 they are so heavy from being roed up

bretto wrote:

Nice work STU. Good to see you are up there in the comps mate. I still cant get my head around all this deep water bassing. I have always had better luck on the surface but that is prob because I dont have a sounder haha. What was the weight of the biggest in your bag mate?

2.49 and a 2kegger I wish I could get em on surface there and yeah a sounder would help chasing schooled up fish out deeper tell the mrs to get ya one for chrissy gives her enough time to start saving (I could do with my lawn and yard done for a bit of pocket money)haha

If the water is clear enough and the fish are willing we have got fish out in the middle of hinze on sammys in 20m and the fish get airborne when they hit your lure they have that much momentum by time they get to it. Is pretty strange. We found this out chasing a toga around in the middle of the dam for about 15mins. Good idea bout the chrissy pressie. Might have to start dropping some hints. haha

Archived