Creek to coast setting a great example..

benno573

I was watching creek to coast on Saturday coz i was bored and they were fishing on moreton. They fished an area on the main beach just south of the headland and were getting dart and bream. Now I have no idea when this was filmed - although the credits did say copyright 2009 - but this area has been a green zone since march. There was no disclaimer to say this is now a green zone or anything like that. It's not new news and this popular show is openly advertising fishing in a green zone!! WTF???

Also encouraged people to climb up onto the headland which has been closed off since the oil spill by MSQ!! Two in one show.... Good work Scotty hillier...

if it was filmed befor march they didnt really have to say it was going to be a green zone in my opinion and i doubt it would of been filmed after the green zones have been introduced...and like the rest of us here its up to yourself to know the new rules and regs befor you head out for a fish not a tv show to tell us about them....but hey thats my look at it,am sure i will have those who disagree..

cheers rosco

How far were they fishing from the end of the rocks?

The MNP07 green zone doesn't start until you get about 350m south of the end of the rocks on Cape Moreton. Cape Moreton and the 350m of beach just south of it is a conservation park zone so you are allowed to use two lines per person.

rosco1974 wrote:

if it was filmed befor march they didnt really have to say it was going to be a green zone in my opinion and i doubt it would of been filmed after the green zones have been introduced...and like the rest of us here its up to yourself to know the new rules and regs befor you head out for a fish not a tv show to tell us about them....but hey thats my look at it,am sure i will have those who disagree..

cheers rosco

yep totally agree rosco,ignorance is not an excuse...

Sorry Benno, but Dom's right. I saw the show too (first time in years) and I'm sure they were fishing close enough into that pocket below the cape to be legal.

No idea on walking up to the top of the cape though - I try to avoid those activities since the Rainbow trip ;) :laugh:

its funny though... the signs on the beach at moreton and what the rangers were telling people (not me, i was there watching whales and drinking beer at the time) is totally at odds with the description in the moretone bay guide book thingo - which as correcdtly pointed out is the 350m bizzo.

surely not a lack of communication between government departments????? :ohmy:

benno573 wrote:

its funny though... the signs on the beach at moreton and what the rangers were telling people (not me, i was there watching whales and drinking beer at the time) is totally at odds with the description in the moretone bay guide book thingo - which as correcdtly pointed out is the 350m bizzo.

surely not a lack of communication between government departments????? :ohmy:

I'm sure a few AFOers have come across Moreton Rangers before who were keen on enforcing their own interpretation of regs. :S So not surprised at all if that's the case.

Gary Howard did a story on our work a few years ago and it took several months to air. They had other stories come up to fill the spot. Guess it depends on what else is going on in each episode.

Also saw them filming at the sandy cape and that took about 6mths to get on the tele.

Beefa wrote:

I had the crew from The Great South East come out and do a special on the Pub we own they came out in December asked me to take the Xmas decorations down so people wouldn't know when it was filmed it went to air in June.

Heath

Where is this pub :woohoo:

Looks like we have a sponsor for the pin trip boys!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived