Tinny creek

Aaron H

Hey guys,

I felt like a no stress easy fishing session this afternoon as I am in the process of moving house and have just about had a gutful of it.

i went to Tingalpa creek at Capalaba a couple of hundred metres downstream from the wall of the Leslie Harrison.

Armed with a few garden worms proceeded to catch a nice bag of good size Tilapia, and had to leave them biting as well due to running out of bait. One thing that is starting to get a bit annoying down there is the shopping trolley collection, it seems the local youths are trying to create some artificial reefs :angry: Oh well never mind, and they cooked up a treat to.

[img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCF0215.JPG

post-266-144598407798_thumb.jpg

these guys take anything that fits in its mouth. i use to catch them with frozen prawns even when they were still frozen. :unsure:

I know its not good or even allowed to keep'em alive but i do and they look very damn pretty when in the tank. Been catching them by little aquarium nets while at forest lake hunting for shrimps. Got 2 in my 3\" tank atm living happily along with my mixture of Americans and African. Suprisingly, they do mix and dont fight. Caught the two when they were around the 10cm length and now after 3 or so months, grown into big 30cm monsters. Gave my uncle afew about a year ago and they're about 40cm easy. Good enough for dinner :woohoo:

Anyway, wont be putting them back into any water systems so dont worry anyone :side:

Also, caught one around the 40cm mark at forest lake once with 2 little nets. the thing didnt even move when we put the nets next to them. I dont know if it was with its youngs or not because it was to dark to see. It was over a kilo easy. Point is. These guys are everywhere. Even in those man made lakes thats only a km in distance. Done know how it got there but there seems to be abit about in that pond.

BTW, No fishing in the lake. I wasnt fishing but netting hahaha :P , also other fishes i observed at that lake was: Pike Eel? Fork and eel tail catfish, few types of perches, few types of grunters, gars and more. It would be half decent if we can actually fish there.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, just want to let you know that they'll take anything you throw at them and more. If you catch 1 talapia, there'll atleast thousands that waiting for you to destroy. :lol:

Justin (Go0LiE)

Got a dodgy mate who makes his fish traps out of shopping trolleys in the local river, reckons he gets months worth of fish out of them before the council come along and clean them up.

He reckons when he makes a trap out of weldmesh,(the traditional method) its lucky to last a week before someone spots it and the DPI come along and remove it.

GoOLiE: you probably shoulded be saying stuff like that, they are illigal to keep and to breed.

Tilapia are a better looking fish than I imagined, still bad fish, but they are a good looking pest

Just a couple of questions regarding that area. How deep is it around the dam wall. and How do you get to a place where you can launch a boat?

Thanks, Will

Post edited by: Cowfish13, at: 2007/02/25 13:15

Archived