North Pine Thumpa

Little Grey Men

I met Dino at the gate in the pre dawn darkness to go and harass the bass. The fish are still quite hard to find with eight or nine ( lose count as the morning rolls on )being boated all up. Dino was on five and I got three or four.

I came across this bass which I'd called for a snag, the lure was stopped dead and the drag was peeling off the little ol Bantam at a steady pace. Dino eased up on the throttle and we were preparing to desnag when I felt a good kick.....It was a fish. I eased the fish to the boat as it was only pinned by one hook in the top lip and it was giggles all round as we caught a glimpse of a thumpin' North Pine lump. At 53.5 Total length this beats my personal best by 0.5cm.

Thanks for letting me park my bum in your boat Dino. Always a great time on the water, with lots of laughs and some great info passed my way.

Dino may want to add some pics here later. North_Pine_23rd_Aug_006.jpg

Plenty on the sounder today, most people I spoke with got a few. Ferg's lure he made for my birthday did the job for me on the way back to the ramp.

P8230019.jpg

Was a nice morning, weather was perfect. Managed to paddle about 6k, no sore bits yet, so even though I have done bugger all paddling of late I must still have some tone.

Archived