My cast net, finally!

Ash

Hahah.

Mate i promise you i dont think you can taught over the net!

Id bring it along to our next few fishing meets.

One of the fellows will be able to give you some tips.

One session of practicing is all you need to be competant.

Not a pro but good enough to ensure you can get some bait and maybe a feed of prawns.

Cheers.

Angus.

yeah, thats true. I wont take to bbq as will have my little one and not enough time have a go. I will be keen to hit the norman again next week, so if anyones keen????????

I think Angus u said to cast net at Malbray park huh?

Any who, if anyones up to it, let me know, im going on a week night.

Just go out in your back yard, stick half the net over your shoulder, crab hold of a couple of handfulls of the skirt, and start practicing! Nugget has some video on his website

/>http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/index.shtml

When you get better, get it off your shoulder, and over your other arm (unless you want cold wet net over your shoulder when it is 5 degrees on the river!)

hey terry,

its 10f and no pockets. a surecatch net. everyone was saying different sizes so i went in the middle and got the 10f.

Dave if u can show us on the bbq that'd be great.

Thanks for the tip feral, i'll check out the link asap!

I deleted some of the previous posts from this thread and copied the text into the BBQ Update. This is because I think it's better for the discussion on bait at the BBQ to be in the BBQ thread.

Ash I think the size of your net is good (the same as mine). A downside to the net is that it's easier to rip than others because it uses fairly light mono (when compared to others). However, this makes it easy to cast so should be good for you, providing you don't go casting over and on top of rocks.

Edit: there's nothing worse than opening the net up nicely, only to find out there's rocks there.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/06/23 19:51

• 4 months later...

hey ash, you've probably sorted out how to throw your net by now, but if you havent check out this link that Mick Molloy got me onto:

/>http://www.ausfish.com.au/castnet/castnet1isdn.wmv

Its a pretty easy method, and you don't have to put it over your shoulder. I've been using it since I got my first net a little while back. I'm far from pro yet, but I can use it good enough to get some liviesB)

Archived