Hinze Dam AFO trip 18 3 07

Feral

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to say thanks to Angus for organising today, it was an awesome day out, well worth the early start!!!

Thanks to Steve for running such an organised and professional trip and supplying all the necessary equipment.

Congratulations to Angus on his amazing catch.

Hope everyone had a great day out and we really need to get more trips like this running in the future. It was great to finally get out and meet a few of you guys and no better place than Hinze to do so.

-nelson-

Karma to Feral - well done on the post mate - best you've done. Great photos.

Well done Angus - I do believe now (Yellow in Hinze) - I thought it was a myth.

We in he Cannon Ball (Peirre and Brin D) managed 10 Bass and a nice big catty. We got them all from Ray and Grahams school, they were kind enough to let us do a few drifts past.

As Feral said - great day - nice to see some old faces belonging to posters and great to meet some new ones.

Looks like we have 2 strings on the same subject. Here is a copy of my original post.

Maybe the webby can delete mine so its all together.

Hinze Dam 18/3 with Sports Tuition - 2007/03/18 17:08 I will just write up my section and leave others to brag also.

I arrived a bit late around 7am as I picked up 3 of Steves tinneys at his dads place.

After Steve demonstrated the best way to rig our lines he expertly organised us to help unload 5 canoes and 4 tinneys and associated gear we left the ramp before 7.30 and headed up the eastern arm. Steve said that he hadnt been up there for some time but he thought we would do ok.

We pulled up in Bonnors Bay and within a couple of minutes young Alex was on. Nice bass just over 30 cm photographed an released.

Great to see a 10 yeaR old into catch and release.

Soon most people except Brian and Pierre were catching fish.

Graham and myself stopped in Bonnors bay and had a great time we lost count but we caught and released over 36 bass between us. We ended up running out of bait and played around with hardbodies but with no luck. I dont know why but I never seem to have much success with lures at Hinze.Returned to ramp at 11.30 and loaded up gear and stopped at Oxenford where some of the others had a fish in a dam and we had a quiet beer and Barby before heading home.

HAD A FANTASTIC DAY THANKS ANGUS AND STEVE.

Will get feral to post some photos.

Ray

Well done to all the organizers ,It loks like a great day was had by all.

ANGUS congrats on the YELLA they put up a good fight on light gear. Good eating too, used to be my most sort after fish in the fairbarn dam when I was in emerald.

Again well done everybody,hope there will be another so I can come.

Thanks for deleting post terry and that is a nice bass anything over 40 is fairly rare for the Hinze. Cant wait to see the details of the big yella.

Ray

Ps I have also started a post on Fishntales of Hervey Bay maybe members who are also members of that site may wish to add to it.

Well it looks like a good trip was had by all !!

Loads of fish , sun in the sky and lots of smiling faces ! Looks like the team behind the trip has done a top quality job from here !

cant wait to be one one of them soon !

as for me ! well its snowing again and the river season has ended and the lakes are frozen !

WELCOME TO ENGLAND ! ha ha ha

Thanks for the thanks guys.

However it was Feral that started the thread about a trip to Hinze so cheers mate! And for the use of the esky!

And massive thanks to Steve as well. Very well organised and that leads to more time on the water.

Andrew posted my pictureof the yellowbelly. Ill get some more picks up of the girls and there cacthes maybe.

I think my camera is sitting at a burger joint in Benowa and im praying we have trustworthy proprietors!

Good work to them as well. Tanya and Natalia both got there first bass ever each and ended up with 2 each. Good sized bass as well.

Well done to Ray and Graham and the huge haul!

Well done to John on his first bass at 45cm! Thats a stonker for hinze.

Anyway i was talking to Steve and i was wondering who would be keen for a Winter bash at Hinze as well :)

Good day and thanks everyone who attended.

Angus

Angus

Ray and Graham for certain for winter trip.

Werewolf

Travellers are quite stable we had no worries with stability and we are both over 16 stone. Had very little wind so ride was good.

I used to have a 3.85 explorer with a 30hp.The explorer isbasically the same hull shape as the traveller and it handled the chop ok you just have to slow down .

Ray

We in he Cannon Ball (Peirre and Brin D) managed 10 Bass and a nice big catty. We got them all from Ray and Grahams school, they were kind enough to let us do a few drifts past.

Brian it wasnt our school we didnt even find it it think that alex caught the first fish there. I just subscribe to the theory if you are catching ok fish why move.

Ray

yeah mate anyone can come just put your name down next time we go.

Weel Row and I had a good time he opened the account by catching two and ending up with four bass and one barred grunter and myself i caught 8 i think just happened to be in the right spot at the right time

I t was good to meet some people

ill try post some photos

Angus wrote:

However it was Feral that started the thread about a trip to Hinze so cheers mate! And for the use of the esky!

Ill get some more picks up of the girls and there cacthes maybe.

No worries Angus!

Now are these pictures going to be like Brians Deckie photo's from the other day are they? Coz if they are you may not be fit enough for a Winter trip! :pinch:

FISH_mad_POM wrote:

Well it looks like a good trip was had by all !!

Loads of fish , sun in the sky and lots of smiling faces ! Looks like the team behind the trip has done a top quality job from here !

cant wait to be one one of them soon !

as for me ! well its snowing again and the river season has ended and the lakes are frozen !

WELCOME TO ENGLAND ! ha ha ha

Do you ice fish in england ?(cut hole in ice and fish through)

Once again a great AFO day! great to meet some new faces too...not theres nothing wrong with the old ones:P

i think me and ASH ended u with 8 bass and half a dozen banded grunters....so heres some pics i took along the way..... oh and thanx for the snags ya left behind ray/feral...tasty;) [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3180199.JPG

post-180-144598409384_thumb.jpg

Archived