Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp

Angus

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea guys.

Can't wait for the camp, hope that we get some good weather for the weekend.

I'm keen to give some of my own gear a go on bass etc.

Any suggestions on what sort of gear is best suited?

I have a few threadline outfits spooled with a variety of braid, from 6lb to 14lb. Rods (graphite) are 3-6kg and 4-8 kg range. I am also going to throw in an assortment of lures on the off chance that I can break my duck on bass for both bait and artificial. What lures can be recomended? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Lures are tough at Hinze, lipless crankbaits (G vibes, Frenzies, and if you rich, Jackalls)and deep diving minnows have been known to work, but no where near as good as live shrimp.

6lb - 10lb braid would be fine, 6 to 8lb leader if braid is coloured. Dunno about threadlines, never used them, 3-6kilo rod should be alright. 2 to 4kilo would be more fun.

Steve supplies gear, so if you stuff does not work, you can swap to one of his rigs.

Thanks feral.

Do you use overhead reels?

I use the trusty old alvey when baitfishing in the salt, but have found the treadlines easier with lures.

I'll get myself some G Vibes, I know they come in two weights ( 11 and 18 gram I think ), which would be better? Any favourite colours? And no, there will be no Jackals for this little black duck! ( not even at staff discount:P )

I am an overhead novice, I generally use spinning reels.

I dont think there is any reason your threadlines would not work, I just dont know anything about them! G-vibes, blue and black worked for me last time, in the heavier ones, orange the time before in the lighter one. The heavier ones are good for jigging I found out at Baroon yesterday!

Hey Feral, What is the difference between spinning reels and threadlines? I thought that they were both the same. ie eggbeater's? I think that perhaps we are talking about the same animal!:laugh:

I have a penn captiva 2000 and a shimano sahara 4000.

Lures...I will get a couple of each (11+18gm in the g-vibes), just to cover all bases!

Hey everyone,

Shirts are nearly ready to order.

I just need an idea of who wants one and in what size.

Obviously its not compulsorary to get one, but i would encourage it as the more we get the better the deal.

They work out at about $30.

I will have a mock up to put here soon.

But basically the T-Shirt is pale Blue.

On the left breast is the AFO Logo with Winter Camp 2007 underneath it. On the right sleeve is the Sports Tuition Logo, and on the back is the AFO Fish quite large.

Please let me know asap (and remind people who might not see this) so i can make the order.

Cheers.

Angus

Ray: Ill leave at you specified until i hear from you.

Dom: Please confirm with me ASAP if you are going.

Everyone Who Has Paid: Thanks. Sorry if i have not marked you off yet i dont have the list from Steve. I have only marked off the people that have informed me personally.

Cheers.

Angus

sorry angus ... since school started i havent really had time to get on afo and missed the info that i had a place so i didnt know but it turns out after a strong debate with my parents i cant come anyway as because were going... sorry about messing you about abit .... dom.. p.s good luck to every one on the trip hope it goes great

Well due to 2 people not being bale to make we have 2 places available for the trip.

Any Takers?

Angus

P.S. With the T-Shirts i will be making the finalised order Tuesday 8th May. Thats the length of time needed to get them done so if you are interested ill need your size by then.

Cheers.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/05/02 07:59

Hey everyone.

Could everyone getting a AFO Winter Camp shirt please send the money via internet banking to the AFO Account.

Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103 Account No: 20364022

ASAP would be appreciated as i am sending off the payment Tuesday 8th May.

Cheers guys.

Angus

Archived