Want to catch a Murray Cod ? - better be quick

Feral

And the greens take another step forward.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/17/2774432.htm

If you want to catch a Cod on the Murray River, you better do it soon. Otherwise it will be impoundments only soon (until the Greens set their sites on them as well, remember in NSW seasonal closure apply to impoundment fish as well!).

Should boost the carp numbers quite well.

Why don't they do something about the water flows for a start instead of selling off allocations to the highest bidder!! :blink::blink:

Move the cotton and rice farmers up to the Ord river system, it's 3 times the size of Sydney harbour, they only use it for growing melons and bananas !! :blink:

Bloody hell when will the pollies understand that Marine parks aren't the cure to everything !! :huh:

They only do it to keep the greens off there backs and to be seen to be doing something!! :blink:

When will they realise that all the rivers need there environmental flows all the time, and not the occasional flush like the toilets in the bloody parliament !! ( Bloody place is full of crap!!!) :blink::blink:

I'll get off me soap box now!! :):)

Cheers :):)

P.S. sorry feral i pinched your link to put up on my site mate hope ya don't mind ??

It's bad now and only get better if those dickheads get there way in copenhaghen.So watch out if penny kevin and that dead fu## al gore get there way. :angry: And good to see those wankers the greenies get there way again on a subject they would know fu## all about.Sorry about my potty mouth but thses people give me the fu##ing shits :angry::angry:

It's about time these wankers go and get a job and do some good for the world for a change and dusky thats a great Idea but I think a better one would be to stop farming cotton and rice in australia they are the to most water dependant water corps on the planet and they keep granting water licence's on the dryest country on the planet.At lest then the water might start flowing down to where it should be going instead of going to somebodys private lake.

Dont think im picking on the poor old farmer but when was the last time you saw a sheep or cattle or for that matter a small crop farm driving around in a new bmw or merc after for years of drout.

And mr potato HEAD (peter whats his face) has the nerve to stop the bulding of a dam to protect a lung fish and just on that what do lung fish do besides breath.

DASSA

lots of things do nothing but breath. most things. our east coast freshwater systems are really fragile- as fragile as our own water supply. common sense says if a species has evolved that can live in stagnant water and survive drought then it's not a great river to build a dam on.

I dare say that if it wasn't for fishers and stocking groups there would be very few Murray cod to save.

I also dare say that much of the river/catchment/basin is within private property - I'd like to see them police it ! The pigging dogs might earn some extra treats :dry:

a croc of shit if you ask me, why not spend the money and help local fish stocking accosiations instead of just making it off limits, mobs like the prfma who actually monitor there areas constantly and know when somethings up in the water ways before its a total mess.

Archived