What is your species wish-list for the New Year?

ryanyoung

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I will have alot less fishing time in 2010 as i go back to Triathlon fulltime, but in just 1 year the fishing gods have been kind to me in 2009, accounting for pearlies, cobes, kingies, snapper, Jacks, sooties, JP's, marlin, whiting, bream, flatties, flounder, tarpon, spangled emp, bass, trevally plus others i'm sure i've forgotten....

for 2010 i'd really like to get onto a decent mackeral, preff Spaniard...and i'd also love to get onto some decent sized queenies and trevs..plus a MahiMahi or 6...

Looks like i'm heading to the Cayman Islands in may/june so may be able to account for some good fish over there..

In 2010 I'd actually like to catch something!! As a kid i was really into fishing being junior champion in the local fishing club 3 yrs in a row. I went off of fishing when i got older went away from fishing and got into cars. the second half of this year i've really been getting back into fishing and updating all my tackle. Pain being all i've caught would be an undersize bream and a muddie!! sitting on a boat i would be the only one not catching anything. just yesterday off the bank my mate caught 4 undersize bream me nothing. So i don't mind what a catch as long as its a fish!!!

I want to fish Iluka at some stage to get some of those large tailor and jewies that are often read about.Closer to home,I wanna get out on my yak a bit more to better my chances of getting a jack.Basically try and live by my mad keen shirt motto a bit more "if work gets in the way of fishing,give work the flick". I wouldn't give it the flick but certainly need to have a better balance between work and recreation.

Tailor

Jewies

Jacks

+ better current PB's

Hulk

• 2 weeks later...

ryanyoung wrote:

I know I have a wish-list for the coming year, so I imagine others do too!

My list includes:

Mangrove Jack,

Mary River Cod,

Jewie, and

Barra

Fingers crossed for the new year! Anyone else keen to share their wish-list?

Cheers,

Ryan.

Successful trip today in the fresh has accounted for Mary River Cod! Pumped to be able to take one off the wish-list!

Ryan.

ryanyoung wrote:

Angus wrote:
I usually nominate 3 new species. For 2010 I would like:

Mary River Cod

Jew

AJ

And for some upgrades on fish caught already:

1m + Threaddy

45cm + Jack

55cm + Estuary Cod

80cm + Kingy @ Stradbroke

Looks like we are all going to be pretty busy! Hey Gus, what is an AJ?

Amberjack or is it Amber Jack...

Angus

wesfish wrote:

1. murray cod by half way through january

2. mary river cod

3. saratoga

4. marlin

5. sailfish

6. bull mahi mahi

7. jungle perch

8. pb aj

9. pb kingie

10. spanish mackeral

11. yellowfin tuna

12. dog tooth tuna

13. 1mtr+ gt

14. 2mtr+ threadie :laugh:

15. pb jew

16. pb cobia

17. 1mtr+ spotty mackeral

18. wahoo

19. pb golden trev

20. 1.2mtr+ barra

i think 20 is a very big hit list :laugh: :laugh: if i even manage 5 off that list i would be a very happy man :silly: if i manage half off the list , over excited man that is getting very close to the limits of adrenaline rush's :side: and if i manage the whole list i will probally have a heart attack from way to much adrenaline rush's :laugh: :laugh:

1 down 19 too go :laugh: , now who can help with number 2? ;);)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Looking back over old posts, I came across this one. I am missing barra, jack, 50+ bass and jewie from my wishlist for this year, and have managed to get an MRC, yella over 50cm, threadie over 1M, spaniard, queenie, GT's and breambos on surface lures.

How has everyone else gone so far on their wish-lists? We are running out of time lol!!!!

ok so these are the things i wanted to Increse the length of. And what my new PB's are.

then bass (20cm) - Now 45cm

then yellowbelly (40cm) - Now 45cm

then flathead (45cm) - Now still 45cm

then whiting (25cm) - Now 25cm still

then snapper (70cm) - Still 70cm

THis year i have also ticked of

Bream

20lbs + carp

jewie

eel taild catfish

stingray

dident have the best year of fishing but hopefully next year will be alot better

This is an easy one for me:

1st/ a bloody threadfin of any size

2nd/ jew (I haven't caught 1 for 3 years)

I will be trying to do more fresh and I would like to get a 50 + bass and 60+ Toga.

Got all except the 50+ Bass :(

Thready went 80cm

Jew went 68cm

Toga went 63cm

Next year:

Pelagics off the yak, mackeral, tuna, GT and Golden, Bigger King fish

40+ Bream

80+ flatty

Yellowbelly

50+ Bass

Murray and Mary river Cod

Didn't end up getting a Jack,Thready or Yella but the year aint over yet. Managed to tick off a whole bunch of other's that I didn't put on the list, Including, Kingfish,Jew,Dolphin fish,cod,snapper, and sweetlip B)

Species for next year

Jack(Again)

Thready(again)

70plus Flathead

35cm Plus Bream

Metre Plus Shark

Archived