Recent barra trip

bretth

Had the pleasure of heading up to the whitsundays to hit up Peter Faust for a few barra just before chrissy. Was a good trip with three fish over the metre landed and a few in the 90s with the best at 108cm. First two days were good with light nthly breezes keeping the action steady. Wind turned on day three to the sth and slowed things considerbly till the end of the trip with water temp dropping 7 degrees. Best part of the trip was watching my dad land his first metre barra and the photo the followed is probably one of the best I have shot too.

prenff13.jpg

sunrise

prenff11.jpg

108cm

prenff12.jpg

107cm

prenff14.jpg

10 years old and still going strong

prenff15.jpg

102cm

prenff16.jpg

75cm on the lighter gear

prenff17.jpg

Last sunset on the dam

Headed out to the islands one day as well and got about 15 tuna and a few mini macks. Went popping around the top of hook passage and raised a few mid sized GT but could not maintain their interest.

prenff18.jpg

mini mac

prenff19.jpg

average size of the tuna

Was a really fun trip and will be heading back next year :)

Welcome back to reporting Brett. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have missed your reports including the great pics.

That tuna looks very happy to have been caught - almost smiling :laugh:

Glad you didn't make Monduran - with those numbers you may have spurred Ray and Brian on to even bigger bragging rights lol - well done.

Thanks Guys.

Angus- It sure does have some monster sooties but not this trip. Tried for a few hours and hooked two only to be done over on the structure.

Noname- The trailcraft is a 4.75 centre console. Is a great boat and can handle quite rough seas, Only issues we had was the the paint job. Dont think it was prepared properly before the paint went on with some bubbling and flaking paint in spots but have not heard of it being a wide spread problem and the boat is 8 years old still going strong

Archived