Harrys Arti big con job.

rayke1938

Rather that clutter up the Tiwi Pearl thread thought I would start a new thread about our lieing incompetent polititians.

IMO it is all a big con how can a small ship that is only 24m long increase the size of the reef by 25%. They did a big grandstand thing by dropping half a barge load of concrete blocks there a while back only to find that the blocks sunk down into the bottom and could not be found 4 weeks later.

They say we are not allowed to use the concrete any more because EPA says it leaches lime into the sea.

Excuse me was not concrete origionaly made from the coral dredged from the bay.

Increasing the size of Harrys is not a new artifical reef.

Very strange that there is increased activity now that an election year is looming.

I dont give a rats which political party is in power but it gets up my nose when they make all these grandiscose promises but fail to deliver.

What are they going to do for all the inshore fishos who do not venture far out into the bay who have lost all their favorite spots to green zones?

There are no new artificial reefs planned for these areas and what good is an artificial reef to a whiting and flathead fisho?

Cheers

Ray

its always the way isn't it?? but then again... its the same with any party in power.

But then again.. is anyone keeping pressure on them to provide on their promises? If I was the govy and promised something to someone and they didn't chase me up on it, I might be inclined to have "forgotten" about it too.

Archived