New Moreton Bay Classic Sponsor – Brisbane Bay Tours

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: New Moreton Bay Classic Sponsor – Brisbane Bay Tours **

brisbanebaylogos2.jpg

Brisbane Fishing Online is pleased to announce that yet another major sponsor has committed to the 2010 Moreton Bay Classic: Brisbane Bay Tours! Brisbane Bay Tours have donated as a lucky door prize for the event an offshore charter for 4 people valued at $740! Brisbane Bay Tours and Brisbane Fishing Online have a long running history and we have run some great trips together in the past, so it is with great enthusiasm that we announce this newly forged relationship.

Moreton Bay Classic: Brisbane Bay Tours would also like to extend an offer to boatless AFO members for the 2010 Moreton Bay Classic. If anyone would like to charter the Brisbane Bay Tours boat for the competition, the rate will stand at $126 per person. Brisbane Bay Tours vessel is a 6 Meter Polycraft Cudy Cab with a 150HP Honda 4 stroke which is designed to comfortably carry 4 anglers. So be quick! These spots will not last long.

Many of our members may already have met Darren Clearly and Danny Honey from the BBT crew. However Brisbane Bay Tours has recently acquired a new fishing guru for the team, Brendon. While setting up this new sponsorship arrangement with Brendon, the AFO team asked him about his background and how he became involved with Brisbane Bay Tours. This was his reply:

“I met Darren Cleary and Danny Hovey last year. They founded Brisbane Bay Tours 3 years ago and had grown it to the stage where it needed full time attention in the fishing department of the business. After taking some offshore and Bay fishing tours this year, it became clear that the job was mine and I wanted it! I have set about re launching the marketing of the company and in particular the fishing side of the business while they have taken a more back room position.

My marine background started on Port Phillip Bay in Melbourne fishing for Bay Snapper, whiting, Flathead and even diving for Scallops. As a kid I grew up on the water in the boats built by my grandfather. One of those many power and sail boats was a 6 metre Bondwood Hartley design. I brought this boat with me to Queensland some 15 years ago. I used that boat with its old 186 Holden Red Motor with a Hamilton Jet all over Moreton Bay and beyond. Nothing like a jet boat to get in close and the Holden motor never failed. In those 15 years fishing the Bay I have left no stone unturned searching for and catching all the species of the Bay. That boat like me is still going strong, it’s now over 44 years old and is being refitted at Redland Bay by its new owner.

Professionally, I hold an Open Coxswains certificate obtained in 1996 and have completed the theory component of the Master Class IV course at Gateway TAFE. Our vessel is a 2008 6 Metre Polycraft cudy Cab with a 150HP Honda 4 stroke. It is in Qld Survey for Bay and offshore fishing and maintained to the highest standards. We use Shimano Tekota 500 and Shimano Baitrunner 3500B reels for the big ones and have light whiting and bream rods as well.

Taking after my grandfather in boat building- my other passion is building my 43 foot Schionning Cosmos 1320 sailing Catamaran. It’s been three years in the making so far and  a lot of hard work. It’s being built to survey to include it in the future as the flagship of Brisbane Bay tours to take 12 passengers on Bay and offshore tours.

We at Brisbane Bay Tours are proud to be associated with and offer our services and support to Brisbane Fishing Online and its members. We are able to offer members an affordable and safe way to fish the Bay using our marks and experience to put you on the fish and show you a fantastic fishing adventureâ€.

Brisbane Fishing Online would like to extend a massive thanks to Brisbane Bay Tours for the support and we are looking forward to a fantastic competition!

To learn more about Brisbane Bay Tours and its services, please dont hesitate to check out their website: www.brisbanebaytours.com.au

Regards

The Team

Brisbane Fishing Online

Wow... that is a ridiculously awesome lucky door prize.

Thank you BBT for supporting AFO. I'm sure all members do appreciate it.

Guys... if you don't have a boat, and you are planning to do a charter, why not sign up for their offered charter for the MBC?? great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Archived