14, 15, & 16 SOO Report

crazywalrus

Got down to Ferry Reserve on Thursday with my son Declan. Left my other son back in Brissy to go on a Field trip. Had a great night on Thursday night with way to many beers and woke up on Friday a little ordinary. Decs and I got out on the water for a scout and only manage a couple of little Flatty. Drove back to Brissy to pickup Jacob and had a quick fish and a good chat on the Friday night.

We woke on Saturday morning to wind and the Tarp was a victim. Not a great morning out there so the kids spent the time chasing small bream from the bank. I was having a chat with Ellicat and Jeff F who where having a slow morning due to their nights shenanigans when I hear an unusual scream from Declan which did not sound like he had hooked the big one. I raced over to see what was the matter with Ellicat and Jeff already there (thanks guys). I will let the photo speak for itself. SOO_2010_014.jpgSOO_2010_018.jpg

After a quick trip to the Mullimbimby hospital to have the hook removed. We got back to the camp site and I was thinking well our weekend it over however when we got there Declan went straight back to fishing. ( A very proud Dad at this stage). We head out in the afternoon but only managed some small bream and then the kids spent a couple of hours at the wharf chasing butter bream. Back to camp and the boys entertained themselves with the Bream again while I miss behaved with again to many beers and a lot of loose talk. Great night and little sleep.

Next morning I was determined to get some quality entries so we head out to the mouth. Tried drifting but all we caught where the rocks. The Trevally and Tailor where chasing the hardy heads so we got a few hook ups but nothing landed. As a Last ditch we chopped up the pillys as burley and floated out peices than my rod was off with 30 mins to close. Had a great fight landing by hand a 35cm bream ( forgot the net) and then about 10 mins later Jacob was onto a 31 cm bream. Made our day with Jacob taking 2nd place and both boys happy with the winnings. The DPI bags are stil a hit as well. Thanks AFO, Angus, John, NCF, and DPI for a great weekend. :)SOO_2010_034.jpgSOO_2010_039.jpg

You did well for the weekend mate, with the 2 kids in tow, Declan is a fishing machine so keen, even after hooking his finger !! :blink::blink:

Was great to meet you, sorry didn't have much time to chat. :)

Well done to the boys for there winnings, I just hope my boy turns out to be as keen as they are when he's older. :)

Cheers :):)

Thanks - I am very proud of the boys and their passion for fishing. Can not wait until they get a little older and can tie their own tackle.

I did enjoy the bream, got it on the 1-3kg envy with 4lb stren and 4lb leader - thought I was going to loose it on the anchor rope for a moment.

crazywalrus wrote:

Thanks - I am very proud of the boys and their passion for fishing. Can not wait until they get a little older and can tie their own tackle.

I did enjoy the bream, got it on the 1-3kg envy with 4lb stren and 4lb leader - thought I was going to loose it on the anchor rope for a moment.

Tie their own tackle or buy their own tackle?

I am tipping its a case of both at this stage!!

Great to catch up Ted and thanks for the beers :woohoo:

A few mentions were made of how good your kids were and how keen they were to fish at their age. When you had them out in your boat we hardly noticed them at main camp :whistle: :laugh: (Just kidding). In all seriousness we had more trouble taming an under-fed and under-rested jeff ! :laugh: :laugh:

Archived