BRC!!!!

Fishguts

Pritty keen for this one.

butt before i regester I wana know a few things

I would like to fish the fresh this year but theres just a few little things that need to be sorted out.

like can we get our compeditor number early say like friday night or somthing.or do the fishos that plan on fishing the fresh have to travel all the way down to HQ at comslie just to get a number on a piece of paper then drive all the way back up to fernvale to only then start fishing then. and already have used 3/4 of a tank of fuel in the car. I dont mind the travel I justt want to be able to start my fishing at the same time as those down the mouth in the salt

The BRC offers fresh and salt water fishing so why should a person that chooses the fresh to fish have an unfair and disadvantaged fishing times to those fishos that fish the salt.

I dont make up the rules but there unfair to the fresh water fishos thats for sure.

is there a soloution?

I thought may be the afo crew could get out of bed a bit earlier this year to make up for last years dismal start :P lets say a few hours earlier ay .

what do you reckon boys you going to be there waiting for us this year or do we all have to wait for you guys to get your act together and set up HQ after the start time?

whats the chances of some one being there from around 4 30am to regester.

I had a read thru the terms and conditions / rules for the comp and thought that this one was worth bringing to everyone's attention as it may suprise a few entrants....

a) Photos of fish must be submitted within 24 hours of its capture.

If I'm reading this correctly, that means you can't catch a fish on the first day of the comp up at Colleges Crosing (for example) and then submit the photo on the morning of the prize presentation at HQ.

So if you think you are only going to HQ for the sign on and the prize presentation, then you better only catch your prize fish within 24 hours of comp close...

Moral of the story...read the rules and terms peoples!!!!!! ;)

rod

I had a read thru the terms and conditions / rules for the comp and thought that this one was worth bringing to everyone's attention as it may suprise a few entrants....

a) Photos of fish must be submitted within 24 hours of its capture.

If I'm reading this correctly, that means you can't catch a fish on the first day of the comp up at Colleges Crosing (for example) and then submit the photo on the morning of the prize presentation at HQ.

So if you think you are only going to HQ for the sign on and the prize presentation, then you better only catch your prize fish within 24 hours of comp close...

Moral of the story...read the rules and terms peoples!!!!!! ;)

rod

As John said in the other thread, the aim of this rule is have people regularly weigh-in (submit photos) of their fish. That way there is a steady flow of entries and not one big rush at the end of entries. We are fairly lenient on this as past competitors would know, but still ask for people to bring in photos during the event not just all at the end.

Pritty keen for this one.

butt before i regester I wana know a few things

I would like to fish the fresh this year but theres just a few little things that need to be sorted out.

like can we get our compeditor number early say like friday night or somthing.or do the fishos that plan on fishing the fresh have to travel all the way down to HQ at comslie just to get a number on a piece of paper then drive all the way back up to fernvale to only then start fishing then. and already have used 3/4 of a tank of fuel in the car. I dont mind the travel I justt want to be able to start my fishing at the same time as those down the mouth in the salt

The BRC offers fresh and salt water fishing so why should a person that chooses the fresh to fish have an unfair and disadvantaged fishing times to those fishos that fish the salt.

I dont make up the rules but there unfair to the fresh water fishos thats for sure.

is there a soloution?

I thought may be the afo crew could get out of bed a bit earlier this year to make up for last years dismal start :P lets say a few hours earlier ay .

what do you reckon boys you going to be there waiting for us this year or do we all have to wait for you guys to get your act together and set up HQ after the start time?

whats the chances of some one being there from around 4 30am to regester.

The pre-register is important for several reasons. We need to physically give a unique item for placing in the photo entries which is needed before you compete. Also for our comps, we require this to issue any important announcements or briefings from different bodies (water police, national parks, port of brisbane, maritime safety, dpi etc), also we can let people know weather issues, also give entry kits which can contain sponsor items or brochures, as well as get a signature on the competitions terms.

We believe the current times are suitable, as there is opportunity to fish 2 dawns, 2 dusks and 2 nights. We do not believe the rules are unfair to competitors targeting freshwater, there is a travel time factor but there is not much we can do about that. To imply that we are lazy by not being there earlier (as we already have put in months of organisation, especially organising prizes and sponsors) is not very appreciative. There is a huge amount involved and we already stretch ourselves both financially and physically. The events and competitions are done for the community's benefit as we generally make little if any money.

We are always open for suggestions for both our website and competitions and when possible we take these on board and revise accordingly, as people over the last 5 years will attest to. The aim is to promote the river as a valuable fishing asset and so we would encourage freshwater fishing in the event, and we are open to ideas to how we can improve the event for this. However, after each event we ask for feedback and need this in the mix at the planning stages which is generally 4 months out from each event, and so requests closer to this date sometimes will have to be considered for the following year.

AM paid up and ready to go.Haven't been to many comps recently with the wife working 2 weekends out of four but weekend of BRC falls on her weekend off so here I come. If any deckie spots open up from Saturday morning onwards,am keen to meet and greet and enjoy a day out on the water.PM me if you have a spot available.If not let's hope landbased fishing goes off for this one.Thanks in advance

Hulk

Alright now how many of you blokes are doing allnighters I was talking to elicat after the SoO and it sounds like he's keen for a rafting session.Iv'e got deckie already for this one (HULK) i'm keen to put some big baits out for this one to try for a shark or 2 while rafted up

• 2 weeks later...

im trying a new spot after all were camping at the end of howard smith drive near the boat passage boat ramp hopefully the sharks should smell out our baits and provide some fun .im hoping to get my daughter on to her first sharkie fingers crossed i cant wait im more excited than my girl

jason

good luck too all whom fish the classic

good luck to everyone fishing the comp this year.......not sure if i will be a late starter or not BUT i do know i am picking up my new boat tomorrow :woohoo: will be heading out on saturday morning earlyish and staying the night on the river so i hope to see a few people down there hopeffully.....hopefully angus or someone who can see me registered will b down at colmslie! look forward to putting some faces to names!

good luck to everyone fishing the comp this year.......not sure if i will be a late starter or not BUT i do know i am picking up my new boat tomorrow :woohoo: will be heading out on saturday morning earlyish and staying the night on the river so i hope to see a few people down there hopeffully.....hopefully angus or someone who can see me registered will b down at colmslie! look forward to putting some faces to names!

Team Simba will be onboard a 16ft tinnie from Brisbane Boat Hire - stop by and say g'day - we'll be easy to spot, just look for the guys dragging in all the big threadies!

Archived