So all this water good for upper brissy bass?

kriso

Hey guys,

So with all this wet , what does this mean for brissy river bass, with colleges pretty much under water etc does that mean we will see an increase in wild bass populations in the future? will they be able to breed etc at colleges/ mount crosby? or will there be a fish kill etc . :unsure:

with all the water released from wivenhoe it should have gotten a good re-stocking, not sure about fish kill etc but i tend to think that since we had a few floods over the past few years, alot of the long lying sediment around the catchments that would have caused any fish kills would have got a good flush through previously.

slightly off topic but freshwater flows are good for juvi threadfin survival so hopefully we'll see some great seasons in the coming years :evil:

there is a couple of pools that form after the water has dropped, hope seq water can give permission to get the fish out this time before they die, last time bass, yellas, eel tails died in a few of the pools and the lungy need to be relocated after this event to. just hope there was a few schools of bass hanging around the wall!

From what I can remember the last time the bassing was incredible. It was solid from the Stanley river all the way down to Colleges, particularly good if you can get away from common spots in a canoe or something of the like. Kholo is a personal favorite. The only problem we had at Colleges was that there was always sharks to compete with to the bass to.

So in regards to the amount of water that has been dumped generally, am I right in thinking that this will force a lot of fish further offshore for a period of time and if so how long before things will get back to normal..?

I'm keen for another fish this weekend (landbased still...) but if all the fish have headed over to NZ for the next week or two, I really don't think I could cope with another donut :'(

Archived