Weekend away for the AFO Wanderers

dassa

Alright hooligan's and noname,I have just spoken to tugger and it looks like the weekend of the 25th,26th and 27th of feburary will be the weekend of choice to make another trip to wavebreak island.Wavebreak has great access to the seaway and reef's for those wanting to chase mackrel,cobia and the like.This is open to all AFO members new and old,along with there family's.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there generally any dramas leaving the car and trailer at the ramp for the weekend?

Hey zano there is a good ramp at runaway bay that is pretty secure.The ramp I will be using is on rays road and about 5min run to wavebreak.

Rob wave break it is I just thought it would be good to chase mack's cobia or for those that want to hit the reef's.

i'm keen.

i have been trying to get to wave brake over the school holidays for a week of camping and fishing .but the weather gods and the money gods have been against me for the last 6 weeks .

the these last 2 weeks with floods ,helping out etc and back to school coming there been no chance.

i can set the event up for u dazza if u want .

i'll use your info from the first post and set up a event on the militia group.

i'm definately keen for this, actually don't have anything booked in that weekend as yet. probably not the whole time but saturday night more than likely and i'll be working on the Mrs to get a leave pass for friday night too. i'm taking her camping up at noosa for a long weekend at the start of feb so should have some brownie points to cash in for it.

it'll be good to finally meet a bunch of you guys.

what supplies would i need to bring besides?

tent

sleeping bag

beer

food/cooking supplies

fishing gear

esky

i have a little 2 burner primus stove and a gas light, but only have the 9kg bottle from the bbq, and may/may not have a loan of dads boat for the weekend. don't want to pack the gas, stove/bbq and flod up table if i have to load and unload into someone elses tub to get it all over to the island.

Hey neal I hope to see you there as the last one was a great weekend.Mate fro mermory tugger brought along his tarp which was used as the kitchen and I have 2 gazbo's to make the area larger.I'll be bring 2 tables to use for cooking on and if some one for gets somthing like tongs or what ever somone will lend you somthing and rembember more beer more beer.

If you can't get you dad's boat I'm sure somone will come and pick you up from the ramp as the closet ramp is on rays rd about 5 minutes from the island

Cheers Dassa

Really looking forward to this weekend, I've got enough camping stuff to be self sufficient including the 65L eva cool and 70L techni-ice so plenty of room for beer and snags.

he normally doesn't have a problem lending me the boat, but has never let me take it away and anchor up overnight/weekends. i've always trailered it at the end of a session and dropped it back to him. i don't think he'll have a problem as long as its secured and returned clean and full of fuel.

if i do manage to get it, and the weather is nice i hope someone will walk me through bar crossings in it. its a 5.4 quinny with a 115 merc so can get out there easily, i've just only ever taken it out from m'bah.

neal, the seaway is very similar to m,bar and yeah not a prob to follow some 1 through, dave can spot you on my boat if ya like, owe you 1 . i'll probably hittin up the close in reefs to the south chasin pelagics, and a lil it of trollin and out wide to the 110 mtr mark if the weather is really good. due east of the seaway. there should be enough cookin gear there to look after every 1 just bring ya food, all happy to use the cookin gear, just saves on every 1 bringin their own.you'll need a tent n sleepin bag and air bed if ya got 1 and a pillow n sleepinbag, plenty of room for ya beers i think.:laugh:

Shiver me timbers, Just looked at the calender I'm booked to go to Vietnam that weekend, sorry have to miss out next one hopefully wont be too long away.

Sorry you can't make it Dave, can i borrow your boat.?????????

Bri, How do you think I'm getting to Vietnam? if its good enough for the Refugees to come here on one, its good enough for me to get to there country on one. :laugh:

unfortunatly, it seems that i am busy that weekend. the wife had neglected to mention when i informed her that i was going on a fishing/camping weekend that we are going to an engagement party that saturday evening/night. She waited until after i had written "WAVEBREAK" on the calender to inform me that we are doing something else instead.

Archived