Lake Manchester, anyone fished it?

Ash

So i just found out you can fish Lake Manchester by foot. At this stage I dont think yaks etc are allowed. Has anyone fished there?

Im wondering if there has been any decent fish released in there. The old midnight stockers have hopefully been.

Any info, let me know. Another fishing hole near me would be sweet.

i've never heard that they opened it to fishing

where did you hear it had been opened?

i also heard it was full of huge goldfish.

back when they built it there was talk of trying to stock it with trout because the water is so cold

its spring fed and the coldest dam in qld aparantly

gee i miss the old water hole there :( was the best swimming hole with cliffs and big boulders too jump off. i wonder why we can not fish that place, is there a legitimate reason to it?? i heard a few years ago that you could walk the banks but all ways thought of it as rumour. if any stocking of bass was done years ago they would probally have died of old age, would make a nice cod dam . or the idea of JPs in there. or the idea of barra at swanbank :P or some saratoga in bundamba creek hehe most of these places have pest fish so why not put some natives in to compete..

gee i miss the old water hole there :( was the best swimming hole with cliffs and big boulders too jump off. i wonder why we can not fish that place, is there a legitimate reason to it?? i heard a few years ago that you could walk the banks but all ways thought of it as rumour. if any stocking of bass was done years ago they would probally have died of old age, would make a nice cod dam . or the idea of JPs in there. or the idea of barra at swanbank :P or some saratoga in bundamba creek hehe most of these places have pest fish so why not put some natives in to compete..

Last time I was out there would have been 3 years ago (???) There were a few sorry looking people coming out with the coppers at the time as their 17 y/o mate had made his last ever jump off the boulders and landed headfirst on the bottom due to lack of water.

You used to be able to walk right around to the other side then they put in a bridge along the walkway that wasn't safe after some erosion so it got blocked off and you could no longer get around. That's the last time we went.

There's a big picnic and camping area along the creek there Dassa. Good bit of open field with some shallow flowing water alongside.

Went for a look out there a few months back, walked from the carpark and to the left up past the wall. The track that way reveals a few "viewing" spots but looked like fishing and swimming had occurred at some time. I was under the impression it was a 'privately' operated dam so any social activities were not permitted. I'm not game to throw a line in to find out the relevant laws.

I didn't walk the other side where we all used to swim and jump near the old sway bridge. I thought that spot was closed off due to the high fatality rate with head knocks and unknown submersible human gobblers.

Manchester seems to have an evil spirit. Walk in, take a photo and get outa there real fast. lol.

Archived