Your thoughts on Bear Grylls ?

Ive been wondering what people think of Bear Grylls, My self I love the guy i think hes funny and would be great to go fishing with.

I was thinking of his next challange --- Fukushima nuclear plant ------ now im thinking what would Bear do in this challange to fix all the reactors ? :ohmy:

I religiously watch the show, its good for kicks. But the bloke is gonna end up like Steve Irwin :unsure: Either because of eating the wrong spider or a snake bite :unsure:

There is a vid floating around on youtube that shows himself and film crew filming away in some 'remote' area and the camera turns to the left and theres a five star hotel :lol:

He kind of rehashes the same stuff every episode just in a different part of the world, but he does know his stuff and if anyone reads the title at the start of the show is says it's set up to show you certain situations that you could face in the wild. As for the enema if i'm ever kayaking out to sea i'll make sure I pack a piece of pipe with me as safety gear so if i'm washed away I could always jam it in the rear to get a cool refreshing drink. NOT. :sick:

Cheers

Mark

He is awesome. He'd be in my top 10 people to have at a dinner.. mofo is hilarious.

I live my days by the mantra "what would Bear do?"

As a serious thing? no. As pure entertainment factor?? awesome.

I don't know who is more of a man.. Bear Grylls or Charlie Sheen??

He is awesome. He'd be in my top 10 people to have at a dinner.. mofo is hilarious.

Love it!

+1

I'd put Bob Downey Jnr up with those boys too though...

so the mantra would be: "What would Bear do" and "Who would Charlie do"

Sounds good - winning all the way!

Would much watch rather him than say... Mark Berg? :P

good one

bears good and while alot is staged, there are a few handy hints for those that survive an airplane crash and land somewhere not so pleasant. however you would have to remember the hints plus have his handy knife with you.

Charlie rules and unless Bear picks up some cougars or helpers like charlie as, the ranking will remain the way it is.

Love it!

+1

I'd put Bob Downey Jnr up with those boys too though...

Yeah .. Downey Jnr is up there... a little under the covers these days but that man has done his deeds.

• 1 month later...

People its that time again Monday tonight 20.30 Bear Grylls :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ;):)

Cant miss it watch it every week, its like my bible ;)post-8912-144598617564_thumb.png

il like his show but i wish somone would bloddy tell him that if a rock is covered in moss its call slippery, NOT slippy . and also id never seen the bird crap water enema till just b4, thats kinda queer unless you actually are dying. part from that hes all good

il like his show but i wish somone would bloddy tell him that if a rock is covered in moss its call slippery, NOT slippy . and also id never seen the bird crap water enema till just b4, thats kinda queer unless you actually are dying. part from that hes all good

:lol::lol::lol: Agree. However in this household we have taken up the slippy challenge and use it for a laugh when an opportunity arises....the word slippy that is; not the enema :unsure:

Re slippy vs slippery. Its a pommy and european thing that comes from rallying. In the pace notes that rally drivers use slippery is too hard to say quickly so the co driver will say slippy instead. For example - Right 5 +, into left 4, 100, right 3 slippy and 2 left tightens etc.....

• 2 months later...

Survival stuff has been on tv for a while, bear got asked if he could clarify before each episode who was with him and the nature of the episode which he always does now. I think the guy is lucky to be able to make a living doing what he's passionate about, he has another series out now too on how to get out of a whole heap of situations like muggings, sinking card ext should be worth a watch. You never know we may end up needing a few survival skills at some point. For someone who was a reservist Sas soldier he's very down to earth. Have a look on YouTube for bear and will farrel it's pretty funny

Archived