Trebles hooking

What do mean Johno? When you store or fish.

I always store mine seperately. I only put em together when I used em and they are heading for the bath, then I cuck em in a bucket and hope I don't forget about them.

I don't have a problem fishing with em.

Try and keep the tail end of the lure facing outwards from you when you're casting to prevent it from swirling around in the wind. A lure with a big bib usually makes it harder to cast and are more trolling lures.

It may also be because you re using a leader that coils easily (Old mono). When you cast and the lure hits the water and there is slack line if it's coilly it has the chance of wrapping around the hooks as the line contracts. I know what you are talking about and it does happen from time to time. I get it when using Scorpians and Attack lures.

Troy

Mate to be honest i dont dont reckon its a big deal.

In my kayak, because im not always doing things the ideal way (for example you let your line swing while releasing a fish etc) the line gets caught on my trebles often. Then i spend an ardous 5 secs getting the line off the hooks and cast again. Presto solved.

Angus

johnsonMAN wrote:

thanks troy so should i be getting some berkley vanish 6 and 10lb leader?

I would not bother with a leader if your using 6lb mono, particulary Vanish, it is already flourocarbon. (Not the same hardness as leader flourocarbon, but as invisible)

Archived