Hinze Dam Trip (advancetown Lake)

Angus

Brian.

Im willing to invest the money.

Let me check with the lads i am bringing just coz as you said Brian, for better or worse id prefer to fish with the crew.

But i agree Ray, 60 bucks is worth it. Also consider that we will not only get a canoe, but the working bait and local knowledge which i certainly lack.

Im still going to get there early and take my chances flicking a few lures if only to see the scenery.

Cheers.

Angus.

I hope the other guys want to book cause as you say the local knowledge will be invaluable.

To repeat Ray - Steve's mobile is 0403154510 and his wbesite is wwwwhat everRay said.

I would spend more then $60 on gear that I most likely wouldn't use sio it will pay for itself.

I understand that if you have your own yak there would not be anything stopping you meeting up with us.

http://web.aanet.com.au/askenne/hinze.jpg

Got myself a yew-bewt map from NSW for all the border dams, Hinze is considered to be one, so here is the link for those who might be interested.

Brian, Ray and I are planning on a 10:00am start to match Steve's charter time for you. (Well we will try and get there a litle earlier than Steve, as he needs a bit of time on the ramp to setup, and we dont want to be in the queue behind him!)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/08/16 19:27

I used to work at annerley aquarium and id be careful using those feeder crays, because they are redclaw crays and they are declared noxious down this way. even though there in most of our dams there native area is the gulf of carpentaria. id talk to the ranger and asked if there allready in there before i went using them. Also to my suprise i caught a couple of big shrimp today with out even trying.id say theres heaps in the creek near my. the couple i had were feed to my barra. if you want i will have a look for some shrimp on friday.

DAVE

GOOD POINT ANGUS.

I say no to the shrimp as Steve has already stated that he has only enough for the tour people.

As to own Kayak Steve has indicated that Yes they can fish with us.

As to payment I can't speak for Steve and Sorry but I didn't check.

So it would be easyier to just pay the $60.

That's why your the boss!

have just been to annerley pet store and capalaba pet store they both have very small shrimp a bit too small to use for bait. If anyone wants feeder crays i will pick up some from capalaba tomorrow arvo. they have gone up now $6.95 for 10 so if anyone wants some please let me know.

ray

Well put three shrimp pots into lake Kerwongbah last night, its very shallow, full length of ropes to get traps out to edge of lilly pads, and there is still only a couple of inches of water over the pots.

Lots of small fish in there, hopefully some shrimp as well! I'll let you know tonight how I went

hold on ray ill see what i can do i can get 60 for $40, thats the best they could do for me. cause thats selling them at cost price. ill try a few of my other conections for you.

I just rang petcity and they have around 30-40 left and they sell them for around $6 for 10

which equals between $18-24 so alot cheaper then annerly aquarium.

DAVE

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/08/18 09:39

I have booked 3 canoes with Steve and requested 3 x 2 person rafts.

Now we have

Ray Andrew and Kids

Brian and Dan

Angus x 2

Jimmy and Troy

Cool guys should be good day. Make sure you charge up your batteries in your cameras so you take take plently of photos of me catching all the fish!

As far as I am aware, Steve runs his tours from the western boat ramp. So unless we hear different, thats where we will be waiting for you guys!

I have to get a permit for myself, (from kiosk) but Ray has one already, and the rest of you are fishing with Steve, he will be arranging yours.

Brian already has my mobile number, I'll PM the others listed as going with my mobile number.

Archived