Origin 3 The Decider

Gad

sad to see thurston sustain a season ending injury......although right now he is probably feeling on top of the world......ohhhhhh i remember that green stick they give ya!!!! :silly:

good to see lockyer go out on a good note!!! B)

the old green whistle is an awesome thing , sucking on them for 2 mins feels like you have been drinking for 15 hrs straight !!!!!!! . i felt like i could walk after 5mins of breathing on one but couldn't with a dis-located hip , broken ankle , torn calf muscle and a smashed knee cap :whistle:

jebussss...........did u get hit by a bus??? Kenworth maybe?

come up short on a 30 ft triple on the dirtbike , and got cartwheeled into the dirt hard . Lost 4 teeth in the process from smashing the jaw piece of my helmet into the bars which decided to find my teeth in the chaos .

wasn't one of my finest days ;)

jebussss...........did u get hit by a bus??? Kenworth maybe?

come up short on a 30 ft triple on the dirtbike , and got cartwheeled into the dirt hard . Lost 4 teeth in the process from smashing the jaw piece of my helmet into the bars which decided to find my teeth in the chaos .

wasn't one of my finest days ;)

Damn, that's gotta hurt :S

Congratulations on the monstering but poor form on the booing of the last try, thanks to the opposition from Cam Smith and the introduction to Gals speech.

A gentleman is humble in victory and stoic in defeat.

Congrats again to the superior team.

The tides will turn and we will be back again.

Peace.

i stopped reading after " 30 ft triple on the dirt bike"...... :silly:

so the question is not about the green stick but how many!!!!!!!

just the one from the ambo's till the morphine took over for the second shift . after that was a bit of a blur for a day or 2 :cheer: .worse was the bastards held me down to re locate my hip at the hospital with no painkillers at all . 4 holding , one sneaky doctor slid around the corner and pushed it back in , then disappeared before they would let me go. they had to do it like that incase the siatic nerve pinched in the process . :huh:

Things I noticed in Game 3

Soward can actually kick a goal quickly without doing that tippy toe tap dancing routine,and without the “ is everybody watching me, is everybody waiting for me†time wasting theatrics he goes through for St George.

Haynes was already feigning injury before Smith actually made contact with him

Closing stages of the game with no Ennis on the field, no great emotional push and shove flair ups,everyone still wanted to play hard, untill the siren.

Paul Gallen did not get the “player of the series†award.

Love him or hate him, he was the heart and soul of the series, if he wasn`t there, game 3 would have been a dead rubber, along with a Qld 3-0 series win

I was off the leash last night with the missus opting to skip the game (apparently didn't really enjoy the first game with me yelling in her ear the whole game!!!!) so in stepped my best mate. MANY warm up beers at the Caxton, get to the game, start my usual yelling, cheering, witty oneliners, etc. Fat thing in green (usher) is keeping a close eye on me (we had the misfortune of having two young kids right in front of us so was forced to keep the language under control) then decides to come tell me I need to keep it down and stop swearing (I said 'waker + n' once - that's all!!!) as it's a family event (ignored me when I reminded her it was also a LICENSED AREA!!!!!!!). Anyway, without waffling on too much, she pointed me out to two female coppers, they came up for a chat (3 mins into the game - "umm, I really hope they don't kick me out!!"), tell me that for all they care it's State of Origin night and I can yell and swear as much as I like!!!!!!! Fat thing in green is right behind them - copper says "we only had to come up because she (points behind her) wanted to waste our time reporting you". I LOVE COPPERS!!!!!!!

So I discretely yelled out things to the fat thing in green (who's pride was severely dented) - things like "REDUNDANT - look it up in the dictionary" and of course the old song "and it's all gone quiet over there .....".

Absolutely magic night - will be weird watching Origin without Locky next year but we've got 6 on the trot and will start favourites to make it 7. Can't wait!!

QUEENSLANDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taken from ninemsn

The question was: How was the crowd behaviour on the night

Joey Johns Says:

I was on the sideline copping it all night from the fans and I'd have to give them credit for creating one of the best atmospheres I've experienced.

They were just so loud all night and most of them did well to hang around and give Lockyer a fitting farewell.

Paul Gallen wouldn't have been upset or surprised; every captain expects to cop it when he stands in front of the opposition crowd.

King Wally Says:

As for booing Paul Gallen, I had a journo come up to me and say it was a disgrace.

I told him he had to be kidding; I received the same reception every time I spoke wearing a Maroon jersey in Sydney.

Even when I captained Australia there seemed to be two anthems at the SCG.

I was singing 'Advance Australia Fair' while the crowd was singing 'Wally's a wanker'.

So with all respect to Gallen, don't try telling me that the booing was a disgrace.

Archived