Npd redclaw pot thief.

Funfisher

Hey all

I went to the effort of picking up my canoe from work and dragging out to npd to find apon arrival that some lowlife scum had stole not one but all four of my traps. They were all labeled properly and i take this as a personal attack as my name was on all of them, if i catch the person who did this they will have hell to pay.

Tristan.

Cheers lads and they deffinatly didnt come loose they were stolen it was a real let down as i dragged my mate out there with me too with the promise of claw for him and his mrs for dinner and had defrosted and prepared the baits before too. I left a msg in the register about it.

Not my boat a mates, it was an unwanted prize from a Bass Tournament lol

Will log your trap theft and add it to the report to B&F

Sharefarming and trap theft are a PITA cant understand it myself no shortage of redclaw and traps are cheap.

Sorry to hear about that Tristan, hope the thief gets food poisoning if there was anything in the pot :evil:

Hope you have better luck with a new pot in the future :)

Cheers

Darren

i seen the post in the register last night when i picked up my shrimp pot that ray showed me how to make( by the way works a treat thanks heaps ray)

cant understand why anyone would steal pots or share farm!!! as said they are cheap and easy to use!!!!

i hate catching redclaw as i dont eat them thats why im stoked ray taught me how to make the shrimp pot, thats all i get now yaaaay!

i brought my permit to know that i could put my pots in the water and they wouldnt be stolen or stuff, . so its a shame that this is happening!!

hope the thief gets caught and gets thier ass kicked and permit revoked!

yep i saw two different boats pulling the same pots! make you wonder

did you get their permit numbers and a description of the boats? It would go a long way to catch the culprit.

nope i didnt i was only on the dam for 2hrs and was busy doing my thing, but it was friday afternoon if that helps!

It is harder to track the culprits down yourself at the moment.

For some strange reason the catch and sign in sheets seem to be changed more frequently. Fridays sheets gone Yesterday morning .

Saturdays sheets gone before lunch on Sunday and The rest of Sundays sheets gone this morning.

This means that you will have to ring 0417742023 or send an email to info@prfma.com.au giving details when you last attended your pots etc.

If the culprit is a regular it shouldn't take too long to track them down.

Cheers

Ray

For some strange reason the catch and sign in sheets seem to be changed more frequently. Fridays sheets gone Yesterday morning .

Saturdays sheets gone before lunch on Sunday and The rest of Sundays sheets gone this morning.

This means that you will have to ring 0417742023 or send an email to info@prfma.com.au giving details when you last attended your pots etc.

Cheers

Ray

They would indeed be have to be morons if they pilfered your pots then signed in to tell you who they were.

Just sayin'......

Norm

Cheers

Ray

They would indeed be have to be morons if they pilfered your pots then signed in to tell you who they were.

Just sayin'......

Norm

unfortunatly that is most likely to be the case, but also douchebags who steal other's $5.00 yabby pots and run the risk of getting caught and delt with could not be too smart either..

In the first 5 years on the water I lost 7 pots, I lost 4 also in one hit the mongrel left the float and rope and tied a rock to the bottom of each one. This means it was not a random act as they would have had to taken the rocks on the water with them. Have lost 2 so far this time back on the water.

Dino

People occasionally come and go without filling in the log book and you would think anyone on a stealing/share farming mission would not log on.

Last time I was there the duty guy asked if I knew who owned the 2 extra cars and trailers parked there as there was no entry in the log book for them.

You could probably bet that your traps are still in the lake but rebadged with new tags and floats in someone else's name.

I have not been since I got the new permit. I would think that all permit holders should note the regos of people that do not sign in and forward it to PRFMA. It is not only to track people but also for the safety of the people using their permits. It should be a 3 strikes and out if you do not sign in. It is a big job for the duty officers to manage and the more people that keep an eye on things will help.

Archived