Lenthalls 16th to 24Feb 08 any interest.????

rayke1938

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still keen but sorry to say I can't confirm just yet. I would say 95% yes and only a disaster would prevent me coming.

Do you have costings yet?

If we have to many boats and not enough deckies I might bring the cruise craft if I still have it. That way I can deckie in the dam and we could take a run out the river and into the bay for a side trip for some macks and trevs, maybe some jacks and salty barra. What you think about that idea?

If 6 people come the accomodation component will be $70 each.

It would be good to have a bay boat there also. I am certain that some of the fishntales boys should be able to point us in the right direction for a feed of saltwater fish in case we get sick of hauling in barra and bass.

If some people wish to only come for a few days we can just work out a per day cost.

Tuckerwise I will bring along a few frozen chicken/ pasta type meals.

Probably sangas for lunch on the dam.

Communal fry up of bacon and eggs for breaky.

Several fish meals.

Barby n beers other nights.

BYO soft drinks and beers.

I will bring along a couple of kegs of home brew.

Graham cant come as he is caravanning to Tassie but I will see if he will donate a bottle of his scotch for nightcaps.

I will have room for 2 deckies in my boat.

For people bringing their own boats just be aware that there is currently a strictly enforced limit of no motors greater than 6hp allowed on the dam. This is checked at the gate and you will not be allowed to enter if your boat has a larger motor.

Cheers

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Jake price of rental is $425 for from 16/2/08 till 24/02/08.

The place has 3 bedrooms with one being a double and sleeps 7 people.The house is a big old queenslander and we could probable also use a couple of camp stretchers if any extras only want to stay a couple of days.

5 people = $85 each.

6 = $70

7 = $60.

There is also a $500 security bond in case we trash the place.

Deckies place shouldnt be a problem.

Ray

note boaties to dominate the yaklice

rayke1938 wrote:

Definates

Ray, Feral. Ferg.Jake

Pencilled

Brian,Terry,angus,Aaron.Kevin.

I think that Angus and Aaron will only stay for a couple of days.

I have a 14ft canoe and electric or 2hp 2 stroke yamaha i can bring along .Also have a couple of camp beds.

Ray

I have my holiday form in but my new boss wont sign it, he doesn't know what he is doing yet. Having said that I don't see wht not so you can turn my pencil to pen, just give me a bed.:)

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i am trying to get a friend involved. so do u know if there r boats or tinnies for rent around the dam?

Kevin I might have a deckie spot for you.

Ray is Jake your deckie? If so I can fit Kevin in my boat.

Angus / Jimmy, if you guys confirm one can grab the other seat in my boat and 1 in Aaron's boat if he doesn't already have a deckie. Would you be taking yaks?

So Kevin, as you see, if things fall into place you have a deckie spot. As to your friend I can only say that he can fit in my boat if Angus and Jimmy don't confirm, but there is at least space for you. It would be great to have you on board.

Sorry to organise everyone but how does that fit?

Brian D wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
i am trying to get a friend involved. so do u know if there r boats or tinnies for rent around the dam?

Kevin I might have a deckie spot for you.

Ray is Jake your deckie? If so I can fit Kevin in my boat.

Angus / Jimmy, if you guys confirm one can grab the other seat in my boat and 1 in Aaron's boat if he doesn't already have a deckie. Would you be taking yaks?

So Kevin, as you see, if things fall into place you have a deckie spot. As to your friend I can only say that he can fit in my boat if Angus and Jimmy don't confirm, but there is at least space for you. It would be great to have you on board.

Sorry to organise everyone but how does that fit?

Yeah mate I have one spot at the moment in my tinnie, and put me as a definite starter for the weekend, have two yaks I'll take up as well as I want to do a mission into the Burrum river below the wall

Archived