Why are all the Kiwis Smiling

rayke1938

Our whole team should be taken out the back and shot, I remember when our team was the best in the world and the games were bloody boring because we knew that we were going to win when ever they played, but now, crap this is not boring , its annoying that we have poor players, maybe its time they started to send there scouts out to find a whole new team.

Our whole team should be taken out the back and shot, I remember when our team was the best in the world and the games were bloody boring because we knew that we were going to win when ever they played, but now, crap this is not boring , its annoying that we have poor players, maybe its time they started to send there scouts out to find a whole new team.

History seems to have a strange way of repeating its self..

In 1979 a young fellow by the name of Kim Hughes,at 21 years old,was made Australian captain,before this he hadn`t even captained a marbles team, he was still gaining experience in the test arena himself.

Most of Australias greats of that era had just retired in groups,constant injuries to key players was hindering the rebuilding of that inexperienced side and the extreme pressure by the media and explayers along with Australian Crickets` inability,even then,to plan and implement a smooth player replacement policy, had Hughes after 28 tests announcing that he was relinquising the captaincy.

If memory serves me correctly I think it took Australia about 5-6 years to get back to being a threat in test cricket again.

I don`t think you can lay blame on the players,they are not the ones who have landed themselves in this position.With the home soil test series this summer it may be a little painful to be an Aussie fan.

But then again it really does just fill in time between the footy seasons :)

Archived