STU

Going to test out the crawdad I bought just want to know the best place to launch it this time of year and which is the more productive fishing areas there at the moment.Also using 2 electrics one up the front 28lb and one at the back 50lb are deep cycle batteries they way to go using only electric all day dont want to run out should only 2 batteries be enough 1 for each motor.

Hey mate depends on how big your batteries are, I run a 54lb thrust with a 115a/h and a 100 a/h deep cycles and have never had to swap one over on the Hinze, but I only troll b/w the points I want to fish. I went there a couple of weekends ago and the dam had rolled and the only place we got fish was up the top end near the numinbah ramp

If you use the western ramp about 30 seconds, if you use the ramp near the dam wall about an hour.

But be aware the western ramp was out of the water by an inch or two when we were there on the AFO weekend, and the bottom looked a little soft, probably all right to put trailer wheels in it with such a light boat, but definately not the car. (even 4wd I'd be doughy). However it is only about 10 to 15minutes drive, so worth having a look before launching at the main ramp.

No worries, just make sure you hide everything in the car, occasionally cars have been broken into at that ramp. (Which can happen at any ramp)

Use the search if you dont know where the western ramp is, there are a couple of threads with pictures and maps.

Archived