Lake Monduran

Aaron H

Righto guys,

I read an article today on Lake Monduran and it syas plenty of people join the metre club from there. I then did the most important part and ran it through the whereis program and its only 4 and a half hours from Runcorn (easy trip for a weekend). Anyone fished there, know anything about the lake in terms of restrictions, I think it would be an SIP dam? The Barra are calling I can hear them, only 4hrs and 45mins from Beenleigh to Brian;)

I have looked in there a couple of times but never fished it.

Campground looks ok you have to drive ti the ramp. Frim all reports it is fairly big and easy to get lost, lots of standing timber that the barra hang out in so it is a challenge to pull a barra out of timber.

It is also stocked with a healty bass population that are a good winter option.

Other fish stocked are yellas, sootys ,silvers and saratoga with natually breeding populations of tandans, gar, spangled and plenty of forkies.

One thing that I didnt think to check on was the parking around the ramp.

Have a look at Fitzys Sweetwater Fishing website it gives a good write up with maps and \" how to\" articles.

Had 2 mates who fished there last time we were at Awoonga and they didnt raise a scale.

Have a read in the fishing mags and on some of the other sites.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/07/09 19:02

I am seriously considering it for the september school holidays, but they are only 2-3 weeks before the Awoonga trip. Might have to save my pennies.

What I have heard about it -

Big dam, easy to get lost (read GPS needed), like Lenthalls on Steroids, many bays coves and inlets that twist back on themselves. 24 hour access (well no one polices the night curfew) nice Van park at the dam.

We went there last summer. Nothing on the lures (for both Bass and Barra). Countless fork-tails on bait and one Eel-tail. But that was on worms, shrimp might be different.

Parking was fine around the ramp we went to. It is a massive dam, we only got through around 30% of it (if that) even with a 90hp engine. Trees are everywhere you can see. Also, combustion engines are allowed, no speed limit that I know of (we went full speed:) ).

Thats all I can remember at the moment, wasn't the most pleasent experience. LOL.

Wel I would like to fish it at least once but not till it warms up. Maybe early Jan 08 or March / April 08.

Sept too early, Oct Awoonga, Nov maybe byt I was going to spend it in recoverery and do chores, Dec Brissy Classic, Feb 08 Lenthals. Only leaves Jan, March & April.

I not going that far for Bass!:unsure:

me and troy went there for a weekend, we stayed in one of the houses that they rent out right on the water, it was awesome! but the fishing was very slow, thats where i did my first swim troll and caught 3 fork tailed catfish. diddnt catch anyhting else, but we saw some huge surface hits.

Hi,I fished there last November for 4 days with 5 mates, we caught and released 55 barra and forty of them were over a meter. Went up there three weeks later and never caught a scale. The best lures were Predatek Vipers in Gold, Purple, and the wounded mullet colour. Reidys Judge in colour Gold or Grey were next best. I am going back their this November from the 3rd until the 10th. Like a bit of luxury have booked a house with 5 other mates.

Archived