Howdy folks

Nafa

G'day all from a new member. I've lived in Brisbane for 10 years but only came across the site last night. I wish this site had been around when I first moved down here because there was bugger all local info so readily available back then.

By way of introduction, I'm 39, married with 2 kids and embarassed to admit that I've hardly wet a line since moving down here from Mackay even though I have been fishing since I was a pup. In the good old days I did a lot of light gearing in the creeks and rivers around Mackay and before that light gearing and deep sea off Rocky, mostly Swains reef and Douglas shoals.

I had a bit of a go when I first moved down here but caught nothing (mainly due to lack of local knowledge) and gradually drifted away from fishing however I've recently decided to stir myself and get back into it.

I'll be landbased around the Vicky Pt area so if anybody has got any secret spots, feel free to share. I've had a crack at Pt Halloran and Raby Bay but will be trying again.

Congratulations to the blokes behind this site. I was looking for something like this when I first moved to town and there was nothing within cooee of this.

Wishing you all hot bites and cold beers.

Nice intro Nafa! welcome to the site.

Good to hear your getting back into fishing. Check out the events section and see if you can come along to meet and greet other members when you get the chance.

Good luck with future shots the brissy fish!

Nafa...

Welcome to the site, and I too am pretty new here, despite my posting tally. Its an awesome site, full of useful, relevant, and correct information.

Mate, I will be there on sunday and dont have the deckies seat booked in the boat, so you are welcome to join me for a fish afterwards.

Two newbies, might show up some of these old guns!

Howdy back at you Nafa. Welcome and yeah I agree it's a realy cool site.

You know that part about not caught much due to lack of local knowledge. Wrong. There's a couple of real hot fishers on site (Troy and Dino come to mind) but the rest of us just struggle along same as you.

If you turn up at Wello on Sunday come and say hello.

Cheers Mate:)

welcome Nafa!...i too used to live in mackay.....but i mainly fished contance creek , bakers creek and the pioneer river....the fishing is heaps different here i k now but these days we have some fish turning up down here that would have ya scratching ya head;) ...make sure ya head on down to one of our meet and greet days..and get ready for the Brisbane River Classic this december.....:)

Well, that's great guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm cranky now that I didn't discover this site ages ago.

Angus/Bootie, thanks for the invite. I'll definitely be there Sunday and I'm keen for a fish afterwards. I may not be there right on the dot of 7.00 (sleepy wife, kids want breakfast, bottle of rum the night before etc), but I won't be too far away.

G'day Jimmybob. Fished all of those but probably spent more time in Murray and Sandy. We used to fish the mouth of Bakers from the bank, used to drive through Manzelmann's place, go past the Skirmish grounds and out to the mouth from there. A mate of mine had a hut at the mouth of the Thompson river in Proserpine so we spent a bit of time up there also. I miss the quality of the fishing up there but don't miss the 6 metre tides:)

Feral, thanks for the warning about Ray. My mate in Mackay who I did most of my fishing with had a 13 foot barra boat with a 40 on the back and every horse was well flogged so I can hang on with one hand, hold a stubby in the other, drink out of one corner of my mouth and swear out of the other.

Guys, thanks again and I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Nafa,

No worries, you on board! Now I can tell you the real reason. I had a knee op 4 weeks ago, so you wil have to lift me in and out of the boat. Hope thats ok???

Nah only kidding, see you sunday. I have a black Navara ute with 4.2 Kestrel runabout on the back (hopefully still)

Cheers,

Archived