Jumpinpin fishing tips?

RB_Hooked

Definate yabbie pump and take enough to last you as pretty soft bait.

I always do alright drifting down the western side of the anchorage inlet as the large booze boats throw all their chicken bones overboard and I duck in and out flicking SPs around in between them.

Also down western side of Tiplers Island can produce some flatties of good size.

Mate , heres a pic from google earth of a gutter I used to (god I miss my boat:pinch:) fish and caught some very nice flatties and bream.

We always did best anywhere in the gutter between the 2 white spots, nice weed beds and sand banks either side. its like a natural syphon for anything passing by.

Mainly used a fresh pilly on 3/0 gangs, lightest weight possible and tossed a SP around

Its on the north east side of Eden Island

Look it up on google earth if you have it.

Just be careful if you try it, it has to be entered by hugging the bank from the north or south, and the gutter is only a few metres wide in some spots and it can be pretty tricky to anchor up at times.

Its well worth a look.

cheers [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pin2.jpg

post-1275-144598420923_thumb.jpg

How did you go?

We hit the water at about 4pm and pumped yabbies on the way out to the pin.

Got a couple of 25cm bream at the pin then the tailor came on. All three of us bagged out on tailor in less than an hour. They were all between 30 and 35cm. It was insane. Pilchards were usually getting taken within 5 secs of hitting the water. The water was boiling with bait fish jumping out of the water.

Went back towards Jacobs Well and had a few drifts and picked up a 42cm flattie.

Had beer battered tailor for lunch. Yum.

First legal tailor I have caught in about 18 years.:woohoo:

My mistake. We didn't bag out. The bag limit is 20, I thought it was 10 which is more than enough and seems much more reasonable to me.

The action was so hot that if we hadn't run out of pilchards we could have kept on catching them.

Archived