Hinze first time

STU

Keep going straight down Nerang-Murrwillumbah road. It's a fair way past the main ramp probably ten-fifteen minutes and a bit of a windy road, you will pass a couple of Hinze dam no entry tracks before u see an old dirt track thats pretty rough. If u cross the Nerang river u have gone to far. Check some of the old posts I think Feral or Ray put a map in there I would put one up if I could but I'm not that clever:(

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/07/13 17:41

been there a bit go straight across the dam from the boat ramp on the other side there was a sort of an island coming out good to catch bass there on beetle spins or even surface lures try some of the points near there or I've done well on some of the flats with plastics thats were I showed plasticman were to catch his first bass on plastics even try to the right of the ramp towards where it goes to the creek it gets deep along there follow the drop offs to the river bed you should find fish along there as well.

STU wrote:

been there a bit go straight across the dam from the boat ramp on the other side there was a sort of an island coming out good to catch bass there on beetle spins or even surface lures try some of the points near there or I've done well on some of the flats with plastics thats were I showed plasticman were to catch his first bass on plastics even try to the right of the ramp towards where it goes to the creek it gets deep along there follow the drop offs to the river bed you should find fish along there as well.

yeah thanks stu thats started it all

Bullrout wrote:

what dams need permits to take your boat on?

Its only a few dams that require permits for the boats.

Somerset and Wivanhoe ($15week / $100 year), Baroon($5day . $50 year), and Pine ($110 last time they were issued, year only by ballot) when allowed. Mostly all the rest require only fishing permits, either individual like Hinze, or an SIP, which covers 30 odd dams across Qld.

Archived