Maroon dam 14/7/07

Aaron H

Hey guys went and tried Maroon dam for the first time today. It was really more a day for testing out a new 4hp motor and I thought chasing a few bass would be nice. After a delayed start, my missus does not do cold mornings:( we finally left at 8:30 and arrived at the dam by 10.(A little further to drive than I thought)

I drove down the ramp and realised something was missing.... water. The ramp was high and dry. I saw a falcon in the carpark with a trailer behind and saw the tracks where people launch from the bank. I figure the Camry is front wheel drive so as long as they stay on solid ground I'll be right. Launched the boat a little apprehensive but it turned out ok and we were off.

Lets just say at 15% there is not a lot of dam left at Maroon so after a bit of a burn around testing the motor (which I give a big thumbs up thanks Brian) thought I'd better do some fishing. Went over to the island Stu and Plastic man were talking about and not a scale, thought I would then work the points with some live shrimp. Well what can I say, this was the slowest bass fishing trip I have had in a long time with shrimp. The dam water was fairly dirty with a green pigment coming through (Looks like algae) or maybe it rolled. We did manage 3 bass and called the quits by 2pm. A couple of other boats on the lake but were not doing much good either.

I think I am supposed to be going back on a social weekend for my missus work in late August, but unless the water rises don't think I will go back out there very often, I much rather Hinze and North Pine(they are closer to)

My first bankside launch in a Camry

[img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCF0271.JPG

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/07/14 18:24

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/07/14 18:50

post-266-144598421001_thumb.jpg

Jimmy, I gave her the bodgy set up she had a $20 jarvis combo with straight mono, I had fireline with fluoro carbon and all the wonders of modern science and got beat fair and square:blush: . Never mindm I better get to bed gotta meet Brian at 3:30 at Wello

rayke1938 wrote:

Good effort Aaron I have fished Baroon twice years ago and didnt raise a scale but we were dragging hardbodies.It is always a bit hard on a first time trip.

Ray

Ray, it is \"Maroon\", not \"Baroon\"

We fished Maroon a month or two ago (at 18%) and we got one Bass first cast, and that was it.

Archived