Who did what, where and with who?

pancakes_and_haggis

Fished the port area on Saturday without a lot of succes. Managed a feed though, with a 50cm flattie, a 32cm bream and a few sandies. Heaps of jellies and big jennies in the pots.

Here is dinner on Saturday

post-2981-144598778359_thumb.jpg

Also got a couple of 40 - 45cm jewies. No photo because I was on my owm and didn't want to keep them out of the water while I farted around with the camera. And one of these ugly little buggers:

post-2981-144598778376_thumb.jpg

Wanted to go again on Sunday, but woke to no power happening in the house. Took a while to isolate it to the fridge tripping the circuit breaker, so by the time I relocated all the contents of the fridge I had lost interest in going anywhere so settled in to watch sport and drink beer all day and wory about how much the fridge was going to cost me.

Went out again today. Couldn't get a park at the port ramp so left from Colmslie. Only a couple of catfish and a few undersized squire on the line. Dropped the pots in the same place as I got the sandies in Saturday. Again, heaps of jellies and female muddies, but no keepers. I remembered reading somewhere (pobably here) that if you are getting heaps of girl crabs, try the other side o the river. So I dropped the pots in the other side of the river for an hour or so on the early run out. Only one crab, but it was a big boy crab saving me from a donut. Theory proven and dinner sorted.

Overall a quiet couple of days on the fishing front, but the weather was so good, so who cares about the fish. Here is tonight's dinner, and thanks for reading.

post-2981-144598778386_thumb.jpg

I fished Good Friday morning with my brother Jediged at Raby bay. Landbased. A couple of firsts for me:

First successful use of a bait jig landbased with two herring.

First time I have had the crab pot in - one little jenny, so at least it works.

On the fishing front, fished with the herring plus a few more my brother got in the cast net (he arrived late) and some fresh prawns he had caught in the river the previous night. Landed undersize bream, tarwhine and moses perch. Nothing to take home. No real interest in the deeprr water with the fish all caught in close to the rocks/pontoons.

Did see two dolphins come through about 6.30 which may have scared the fish away.

Cheers

Chris

Beer. So much beer.

Thursday up to Gympie to see a mate, have a few beers. My alarm still went off at 5am Friday morning. So I had a beer. We drove out to Inskip Pt, down to DI and drank so much beer. I can't remember most the day. Terrible thing.

Wet a line a little for some tiddlers.

Was found face down on the tiles in my mates ensuite. Woke up feelin' good on Satty. Headed down to Noosa had a swim and a feed at the Surf Lifesaving Club (I ate the hot and cold seafood platter for 2 by myself) and some beers and an ice cream from Royal Copenhagen, just like I used to when I was younger when I went with my mum and dad. Had some more beers.

Hit the town on satty night. Started at the Vic with a a big group of mates. Went to the Cabaret Club to see my new brother in law for his bucks, then went to the Met by myself. Stayed until closing and caught a cab home...

Sunday watched movies and drank beer and BBQ'd some meat.

Today worked on some cars, had a beer, went to the port for a LB flick got one small flathead came home and BBQ'd some more meat.

Now I am ravaged!

Long weekend was spent doing this.

[attachment=48765]IMAG0703.jpg[/attachment]

Did the boat have one of those 'ticket writing tables' with 'torch holders' in the side that looks suspiciously like a bait board?

Do you ever work in the Brissy river/ bay area?

Long weekend was spent doing this.

[attachment=48765]IMAG0703.jpg[/attachment]

Did you end up dealing out punishment to that guy on the jet-ski checkin pots?

Also, just wondering about that side door which is open while travelling - is there not a law on that??? Had a mate down south who was real particular about having it shut when not anchored. Maybe it was just his rule - not sure :)

Cheers

Woodlaz

No... we had to come ashore there a couple of times to speak with someone and it was just tightly packed in there. I pushed a bouy to one side the first time in as we reversed out and the second time in, a guy was trying to retrieve the mooring line which someone (or he) had gone over.

Should have come down to say g'day.

Don't have any photos (was a little too tired to take any photos last night) but we got a heap of moses, sweetlips and squire fishing a bit of rubble off Caloundra. Best catch was my new PB cod @ 65cm. Although with that said, the 65cm cod was a 'small one' that we were able to land!

We also got annihilated fishing 60lbs w/ 80lbs leader and 80lbs w/ 100lbs by some bigger cod :o Very harsh terrain!

I was very surprised about Mooloolabah though! I haven't launched there in a good 6 months or so, but saw there is now a full sandbar across the mouth of the river that breaks! There is a red buoy in place to guide you through deeper water though. Basically you have to come out and hook a sharp left (basically skim the end of the western rock wall), then head directly for the beach to the west and then do a wide loop around.

I took my cousin out who is up here on holidays from Melbourne. Followed the AFO flotilla thru the bar and then went for a troll. My cousin got sic as soon as the boat stopped to change lures, after an hour he had enough of the sickness and wanted to go home. I stopped the boat to pull the lures in and got hit on the surface while retriving the lure, I handed the rod to him after the first run and he pulled in a nice sized Wahoo. Back home and boat cleaned by 12pm.

post-9276-144598779124_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

spent the 4 days on straddie with no boat,that was a bad call,but did get a few nice bream,tuna and had some fun with some big gator gar.

Was that a planned thing to go over without a boat, or was it a breakdown while over there?

mate with the weather not looking too flash so left it at home,i was going to drive the boat over an anchor it at amity but the forecast put me off,i couldnt get a barge as they were booked out,so i went over on the taxi and a mate picked me up.

I took my cousin out who is up here on holidays from Melbourne. Followed the AFO flotilla thru the bar and then went for a troll. My cousin got sic as soon as the boat stopped to change lures, after an hour he had enough of the sickness and wanted to go home. I stopped the boat to pull the lures in and got hit on the surface while retriving the lure, I handed the rod to him after the first run and he pulled in a nice sized Wahoo. Back home and boat cleaned by 12pm.

[attachment=48801]Wahoo.JPG[/attachment]

Cheers,

Steve

Hey Steve was that your boat with the big outriggers.

Spent the long weekend at Bribie mostly playing with my new yak.

Did spend a couple of nice sunrises soaking live worms at Woorim on the beach in front of Boyd St in search of end of season whiting but all i managed were a few undersize and heaps of little dart. Not only could I not find decent fish but also could not find a decent gutter anywhere - walked for kms at dead low tide and all I could see was flat, featureless bottom. Any Bribie fishos experience anything different?

Spent the long weekend at Bribie mostly playing with my new yak.

Did spend a couple of nice sunrises soaking live worms at Woorim on the beach in front of Boyd St in search of end of season whiting but all i managed were a few undersize and heaps of little dart. Not only could I not find decent fish but also could not find a decent gutter anywhere - walked for kms at dead low tide and all I could see was flat, featureless bottom. Any Bribie fishos experience anything different?

We were chasing some big toothies up there with no luck but watched a group beside us and all they seemed to catch were dart and couple of day old bronzies

Went to noosa as couldn't go to Fiji for obvious reasons went fishing around noosa with some fresh herring and got heaps of bream and castnetted some massive sea mullet good fun sight throwing on the mud flats went to bribie with the guys and was a good night really enjoyed it and look forward to it again unfortunately no pics sorry guys

Archived